Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AIght... first off my brother had a Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2004, but he traded it for a 1999 Camaro z28 (auto). From a dig, he killed me, from a 20mph (first). He killed me. Good lord, LS1's own. What, some 350hp? Jesus lol. Im jealous :D Ill get a vid up tomorrow. soon but man, that shits quick!

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
deuses300c said:
AIght... first off my brother had a Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2004, but he traded it for a 1999 Camaro z28 (auto). From a dig, he killed me, from a 20mph (first). He killed me. Good lord, LS1's own. What, some 350hp? Jesus lol. Im jealous :D Ill get a vid up tomorrow. soon but man, that shits quick!
LOL HAHAHA... well you got a goal to set .... beat your brother.. LOL.. :)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
arent the quartermile times for z28 high 13's?
just rechecking on that because the cobalt could almost keep up
i was having fun with one on the freeway once and it was just slightly losing me when we both WOT

·
Registered
140 Posts
With a sub par driver. My 28 ran consistent 13.60s bone stock. Auto 2.73 gear. And slightly losing is still losing! :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
Wow, thats a gas saver rear end too, what all rear ends did they come with?
What do ya got now?
Autos came with either 2.73 or 3.23. Manuals 3.42. I have a 3.73 in the car now.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Hey Darrick, my buddy has a 98 Z28 (6 spd), he was runnin like ~9.4's in the 1/8 well he bought some slightly used drag radials and slapped em on tonite and he was runnin 9.2-3s.... dont ya think he should be doin a lil better than that?

·
Registered
543 Posts
ask any racer, wether you win by an inch or a mile....winning's winning.

anyway..... I wish I still had mine, damn '87 IROC....it would get so worked over by these cars now. By the time I got rid of it it had to of been in the 15-16's, easy.

·
Registered
97 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
Hey Darrick, my buddy has a 98 Z28 (6 spd), he was runnin like ~9.4's in the 1/8 well he bought some slightly used drag radials and slapped em on tonite and he was runnin 9.2-3s.... dont ya think he should be doin a lil better than that?
Hell Ya. I can cut a 8.8 to 8.9 in the 1\8 mile with my stock tires, in the srt. That's only 12inches of total tire, trap speed is around 84-85mph. And that's pussyfootin it at that, 1500rpm drop, and short shifts 1-2 gears. Even on my chitty runs i got a 9.1 - 1\8 83mph. He must be running in the 14's then with that 1\8 mile time. I had a ls1 camero and it was a stronger runner then my srt, and that runs 13's all day. He must not know how to drive! :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sean said:
i was having fun with one on the freeway once and it was just slightly losing me when we both WOT
mid to low 13's without trying. The cars are usually one mod away from running 12's.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Nocturn said:
320, 350 in the Vette and GTO
yeah but I am sure you know that the ls1 fbody had the same hp as the vette, just advertised it lower so as not to piss off the vette owners :)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
well there prolly is a little difference in real hp because the camaro doesn't have a true dual exhaust but it wouldn't raise it 30hp though i dont think

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sean said:
well there prolly is a little difference in real hp because the camaro doesn't have a true dual exhaust but it wouldn't raise it 30hp though i dont think
actually alot of c5's dynoe less than there fbody counterparts since the IRS eats up more power than the solid rear does.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
oh. thats funny, dont tell the vette owners lol.
what are the weights of the vette and ss camaro if you know them off the top of your head

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sean said:
what are the weights of the vette and ss camaro if you know them off the top of your head
vette is gonna be about 3200-3300 and the camaro is gonna be 3400-3500.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sean said:

From personal experience my bone stock 2001 Z-28 Auto (2.73) car went 13.0 at 106 at over 1000 feet in Atlanta. If I had been off the mountain I would have gone 12.90's. Hell with Camshaft, Headers and Shot you can run 10's. Camaros run 13.0-13.2 all day now compare that to a 14.5 Cobalt SS. Now if 8 car lengths is a second at those speeds so you are talking about 12 car lengths in a quarter mile. If I am going to race a Camaro or any other MUSCLE CAR I am not going with my Cobalt SS. At that time I will pull out the EvilZ and send everyone home. Oh yeah EVERYONE!!! :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sean said:

The vette is indeed around 3200- but the Camaro can run up to 3600.

The Vette engine does have more power due to its exhaust, but the suspension eats alot up, so that both cars put down about the same power on a dyno.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Dang Evil, i almost orgasmed when i saw you has a camaro with a 454 but then i scrolled down a little more and saw "632ci" and i came in my pants
(figuratively of course) whats the hp to the wheels on those?

·
Banned
8 Posts
Nocturn said:
The vette is indeed around 3200- but the Camaro can run up to 3600.

The Vette engine does have more power due to its exhaust, but the suspension eats alot up, so that both cars put down about the same power on a dyno.
Maybe a camaro with the driver in it will be 3600.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts