Cobalts SS banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm asking becuase there are like 3 chevy dealers here in phx that had 4-6 SS's....and appear to have a hard time selling them. When i check the chevy website, the same SS's are sitting for a week or more, with maybe one sold. And, a dealer begged me to buy one, which i thought was weird, cuz I figured there would be a lot of hype for this car. Do you guys think it'll tank like the RL? Or will it be a late bloomer, like the srt was in '03?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I went to a couple of dealerships in the Dayton, Ohio area and they each have 2 that has been sitting on the lot for a couple of weeks.

about a month ago I was talking to my regular Chevy Salesman and was telling him that I was waiting for teh E85 and that if I couldn't get one by the end of June I won't by one until early '06. He was telling me most people don't care for the LSD but I told hime the ones that would car for the SS would more than likely want to wait for the LSD because if they didn't want it they wouldn't want an SS. I also told him that it was overpriced by atleast $2,000.

I went in there 3 days ago and one of the lady salesperson pulled me off the side and said that everyone that she worked with that wanted to check out the Cobalt SS was asking about the LSD and that they said it was a little overpriced as it sits.

·
Registered
259 Posts
there are a few (2-3) running around down here in Lawton OK, and i think they have 2 sitting on the lot.

·
Registered
29 Posts
NfamousZ24 said:
I was waiting for teh E85 and that if I couldn't get one by the end of June I won't by one until early '06.

lol the E85 must be a new thing? For the most part dealers are selling the car before it even has a chance to be at the lot for a weekend, but also remember not everyone is like us on this site. Not everyone is hunting this car down tis up to the dealer to sell it. Maybe you just haev bad dealers.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea..that's my probloem. I can't get a dealershuip to wrk with me real well. Plus, I don't feel like paying on a car for 6 yrs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
well i live in rochester ny and i was the 2nd one to get one here, about 4 weeks ago. someone bought a yellow one before my black one, but since then ive seen 5 or 6 and its only been here a month. so id say there selling pretty well

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow..crazy how i live in huge city of 3 million people, and never seen one on the road yet, but Rochester ny, has a bunch lol.

·
Registered
58 Posts
haha that is weird rochester sucks...where do you live?...im not surprised about out here racing is huge...even for a small city we meet up on sunday nights and theres anywhere between 500-1000 cars by the beach looking to race its a blast

·
Registered
434 Posts
Here in Va I know of none other than mine. I also only know one redline and one srt-4. Nothing but jacked up trucks and ricers in my area.

·
Registered
65 Posts
3 Cobalts in my own town here in socal. I don't live in a big town either. 2 Blues and 1 red and yes they are all SS's. We have a very strong car presence in my area. Lot's of EVO's, STI's, SRT-4's and now Cobalt SS's. Kind of funny coming from such a quaint little town. But it is growing. I want to race some of these guys but I am always in my truck when I see them.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have seen a few of them. A couple of Red ones a black one and a blue on sitting at that Mall. None of them with the Performance package.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts