Cobalts SS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I drove all day, and got some miles on her. Double checked all the connections, and everything checked out OK!!! So I decided to take her for a row threw the gears!! Well I experienced spark blowout on both runs, but she still went like a champ!!! That's why the gauge bobs on the first run, very noticable!!!!! I changed the plugs, and lowered the gap, but I'm just to tired!!!! All in all, she is a beast, and i'm very happy with the kit!!! I'm working on dyno\track time soon, got to she what it runs. I did get scared on both runs, she moves. I was all over the road, first time rowing threw the gears with the stg 3!!! It's just insane now, and I love it!!! Enjoy!!! :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ahhh nice man lol. I think I have a video of you racing that STi and a Cobra encounter on my computer. If thats you, what exhaust are you running?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
West Palm SRT4 said:
Ahhh nice man lol. I think I have a video of you racing that STi and a Cobra encounter on my computer. If thats you, what exhaust are you running?
I don't think it was me, but I'm running a MPX 3" with a cat. I think it sounds awesome, I get alot of it sounds sweet, or it sounds like ass. It all depends on who you talk to. She a handful now, and a beast!!! :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LittleMT said:
how fun for you...

though the stage 3 snail is still small, but a nice option...
Perfect for me, but it's still short of the 623 you have, atleast you'll have a somewhat fast camera car, to catch the stuff you reap!!!!! Come on down to sealevel and see what it's like, you might like it here!!! :D Atleast I share, and it's decent footage, scary footage!!! :eek:

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
DDogsrt461BLK 2.0 said:
Perfect for me, but it's still short of the 623 you have, atleast you'll have a somewhat fast camera car, to catch the stuff you reap!!!!! Come on down to sealevel and see what it's like, you might like it here!!! :D Atleast I share, and it's decent footage, scary footage!!! :eek:

huh???

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LittleMT said:
huh???

I'm sorry I maybe mistaken you for someone else, sorry!!! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
DDogsrt461BLK 2.0 said:
Well I drove all day, and got some miles on her. Double checked all the connections, and everything checked out OK!!! So I decided to take her for a row threw the gears!! Well I experienced spark blowout on both runs, but she still went like a champ!!! That's why the gauge bobs on the first run, very noticable!!!!! I changed the plugs, and lowered the gap, but I'm just to tired!!!! All in all, she is a beast, and i'm very happy with the kit!!! I'm working on dyno\track time soon, got to she what it runs. I did get scared on both runs, she moves. I was all over the road, first time rowing threw the gears with the stg 3!!! It's just insane now, and I love it!!! Enjoy!!! :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Reading your sig it says your shooting for 12's. Id say your already there. Stage 3 with a 3" exhaust on street tires with a decent run will put you in the 12.60 range. Congrats on the new power !! ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Local Yokel said:
Reading your sig it says your shooting for 12's. Id say your already there. Stage 3 with a 3" exhaust on street tires with a decent run will put you in the 12.60 range. Congrats on the new power !! ;)
Thanks man, the key word good run!! As you can see, that's a rolling start at 30mph, and roll in throttle, good luck from a stop!!! I'm still to scared to try a standing start!!!! :D It left 2 strips of rubber for about a football field on the road both times!!!! I was going to put it in the video, but it didn't fit the meat and potatoes I was shooting for!!! I'll find out soon enough what it runs, in a week or 2!!!! After the dyno!!! :) For the record the car has ran a 12.89, but I feel I didn't get all of her (stg2). I did that pass on some small slicks, borrowed from a buddy. I want to be able to run a low 12, with street tires, we'll see!!!! I really want to see 115mph traps, and I'll be happy!!! I can see it now 13.0 at 115mph!!! :rolleyes: I'm gald you enjoyed it, quality footage!!!! :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
awesome ddog..... see you at the downriver cruise !

·
Registered
21 Posts
DDogsrt461BLK 2.0 said:
Thanks man, the key word good run!! As you can see, that's a rolling start at 30mph, and roll in throttle, good luck from a stop!!! I'm still to scared to try a standing start!!!! :D It left 2 strips of rubber for about a football field on the road both times!!!! I was going to put it in the video, but it didn't fit the meat and potatoes I was shooting for!!! I'll find out soon enough what it runs, in a week or 2!!!! After the dyno!!! :) For the record the car has ran a 12.89, but I feel I didn't get all of her (stg2). I did that pass on some small slicks, borrowed from a buddy. I want to be able to run a low 12, with street tires, we'll see!!!! I really want to see 115mph traps, and I'll be happy!!! I can see it now 13.0 at 115mph!!! :rolleyes: I'm gald you enjoyed it, quality footage!!!! :)
2 Stage 3 guys in our club went 118, one on drags one on slicks - no other mods. Slicks ran a 11:[email protected] .... :eek: :D EDIT: by no other mods I mean, stock airbox, full interior (some guys remove the rear seat), spare tire still in trunk, stone stock ....

·
Registered
21 Posts
CTCOBALTSSS said:
I couldn't have said it better myself!
I personally dont have video, someone else in the club might though. Here are a few pics. One of the pics is of him holding up the time slip. On that run he dipped into the 11's. I left and he made 2 more passes getting an 11.92 on his last one ..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Local Yokel said:
I personally dont have video, someone else in the club might though. Here are a few pics. One of the pics is of him holding up the time slip. On that run he dipped into the 11's. I left and he made 2 more passes getting an 11.92 on his last one ..

That's good stuff!!! He has something that I don't as of right now!!! A nice set of 26.5, 8.5, 15 on some Kosei K-1's!!! Traction is the key word. I can drive the car to it's abilities, but not on the street tires, from a stop!!! I can do it, but it isn't going to be a great time!! I'm going to try street tires and see what kind of time it will put down!! Hopefully soon I'll have a nice set of slicks to really see what she can do. I went stg 3 only because the stg 3 lightweight car was at milan, and I was there. It ran all night, and it's worst time was 11.8 between 120-122 all night a best of 11.7 at 122, I seen it. Stock air box, intercooler, hard pipes, mounts, and a set of SSR's with some 225\45 slicks. I set a goal of 115mph trap, and low 12's on street tires, it will be reached, I hope!!!! :D I can tell you after driving it a little more, it totally feels stock, til you put your right foot down!!! Then it's just a beast, and I love it!!! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts