Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 577 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

SEMA: Chevrolet Cobalt SS Gets Extra Juice With Booster Kits

Date Posted 11-01-2005

LAS VEGAS — GM Performance Parts has announced it is introducing two new booster kits for the 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS coupe. The kits will be available at GM dealerships in the first quarter of 2006.

The Stage 1 kit includes higher-flow fuel injectors and ECU calibration to provide a 31-horsepower boost to the Cobalt's 205-hp engine, for a total of 236 hp and 205 pound-feet of torque. The Stage 2 kit boosts output to 241 hp and 218 lb-ft of torque.

"The kits are easy to install and conform to all GM engineering and validation standards for the Cobalt," said Nancy Philippart, executive director of GM Accessories.

What this means to you: The Cobalt SS is crucial to GM winning budget-performance-minded consumers, who are also the big spenders of tomorrow.

Source

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah Id like to see a stage 3 also. 241 hp for stage 2 is good but Id like to see more then 218 lb-ft torque.

·
Registered
102 Posts
what does stage 2 do for you to "boost output?"

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah, I was going to ask about that.
I've never done any mods to any of my vehicles ( new ones anyway ), and was wondering that if it was sold by GM is it would be in violation of the factory warranty.
I might have to wait.

THe downside is my dealer here gave me ( and all new car buyers ) a 100 month 100K mile warrnty on the powertrain. That mean's I'll have to wait 4 years!

·
Registered
76 Posts
THESE WILL ALL BE UNDER WARANTEE GUYS!!!!.. dont worry about that.. and ive herad that the prices will be about 750 (withouth installation).. which is an amazing price.. considering the stage 2 kits are a going to give us substantial power increases to about 250-260.. (underate).. these will be amazing investments guys

·
Registered
25 Posts
PaulSS said:
THESE WILL ALL BE UNDER WARANTEE GUYS!!!!.. dont worry about that.. and ive herad that the prices will be about 750 (withouth installation).. which is an amazing price.. considering the stage 2 kits are a going to give us substantial power increases to about 250-260.. (underate).. these will be amazing investments guys
Proof? :confused:

1 - 20 of 577 Posts