Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah I'm guessing the stock cobalt is yellow, the stage 1 is red, and the stage 2 is black, LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's nice to see GM backing the new cars though...at least it's a start.

·
Registered
434 Posts
This staged upgrades are probably just teaser upgrades. You know there has to be a stage 3 also, atleast in the works. It doesn't make sence have a stage 2 as the maximum upgrade especially from a engine capable of over 1100 HP.

·
Registered
85 Posts
HEY...im going to SEMA this year my dad got tickets or something from GM at the dealership its for him and 3 guests cant wait cant wait he can fly and ill drive my cobalt get the stage 2 then beat him home :p i also get to go to some GM confrence in vegas in oct. i think only he gets to go to the actuall thing but i still get to go to vegas :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Personally, I'd say that 40hp and 40ftlbs is quite a nice improvement.
For those who have the LSD......won't it be fun!
Nearly a 20% increase........it's not trivial.
I'm looking forward to the availability.
Ron
(My 06 Arrival Blue, G85 SS/SC is supposed to Arrive tomorrow)

·
Registered
272 Posts
They say it will be a DIY kit so u don't have to have the Dealership do it for u

:D

·
Registered
272 Posts
Should be compatible for the Redline
looking forward to SEMA, Should bring a lot of stuff out for both cars

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nukem said:
They say it will be a DIY kit so u don't have to have the Dealership do it for u

:D
It's basically injectors, pcm for the stg 1, and injectors, pcm, and pulley for the stg 2. Don't be fooled, those numbers are at the wheels, and it's supercharged, so the power is from idle to redline. The limiting factor is the supercharger, is only a m62. The power from the kit is in the lower rev range, from idle to mid range, expect big gains in those areas. Remember stock evo's - sti's only put about 240-250 to the wheels, in retrospect, it should have the power of a evo in a lighter package. I can't seeing someone not knowing how to change injectors, or the pcm with any trouble, but the pulley might be a pain in the ass! I wouldn't be afraid of attemping to put on a kit, hell my body with the RDL will be jumping for joy with this news, and asking me to help him with the install. 2006 come on GM, get this stuff out sooner, people in the masses are waiting!!! ;)This is the best news I'll heard all day. :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
87camaroPA said:
I think it will be more than what they say because the SS is underrated it will be more like 250+hp so that is some really nice #'s but still what kinda price are we talking about????
I'm also assuming the same will go for the S/C kit they're releasing for the 2.2L...hell I still haven't dyno's my LS but I heard one report of the car running 160hp but haven't seen anyone on here or .net mentioning dynoing their non-ss.

I sorta tested the waters last nite when I stayed side-by-side with my buddy in his Civic SIR on the highway. We went from a 40km and 50 km roll and he was slightly inching ahead of me in 3rd gear and I'm sure in fourth he wouuld have pulled a little further ahead, too bad he missed 4th gear lol :D. His cars got a Typhoon on it so 145hp seems a little low to me for the LS, he'd be pushing almost 170hp using the numbers stated by Honda for a 2002 SIR.

I think the big thing is GM actually followed the guidelines when rating their HP unlike some companies that just got smoked for finding loopholes. It seems strange ppl have dyno'd their SS at 220 (15 gain) and an LS was dyno'd at 160 (15 gain)...a little too consistent to be an accident :).

We should all keep our fingers crossed though, I'm sure they'll do a great job on them for the price :D.

Permafried-

·
Registered
251 Posts
selfinfliction said:
you probably hung with him cause his car has about 17 pounds of torque :p
Funny part was I made a crack about his lack of torque after we were done beating the hell out of our cars lol...for some reason he didn't find it amusing :rolleyes:.

Permafried-

1 - 20 of 23 Posts