Cobalts SS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am looking into buying a 2007 Cobalt SS Supercharged with 29,000 miles priced at $8k (possibly a salvage title for that price but haven't performed the carfax yet), hoping to talk down to $7,500 or even $7,000 if I am lucky. I read that the Stage 1 upgrade boosts the stock 205HP to 236HP and that the Stage 2 upgrade only gives another 5HP bringing the total up to 241HP, now with about a $300 difference I don't particularly see the "worth" of Stage 2, just my opinion. I would also be adding a stage 2 clutch, performance header, cold air intake, and a cat-back exhaust if I buy the car, conservative guess would be around 25HP+ added onto the Stage 1 236HP, a total of 261HP or so? My thinking is to just invest that $300 difference into the bolt on mods and not waste my money of the Stage 2 upgrade, any advice from those who have been in my predicament?

·
Registered
451 Posts
zzp performance parts buy their stage kits it has all the parts listed and comes pre tuned with a new computer
zzp stage 3 kit
zzp intake
zzp header/downpipe
$1030ish
put you around 265whp maybe even more
https://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt_ion/products.php?id=188
stage 3 kit comes with all sorts of goodies

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm going to go for the Stage 3 kit from ZZP as well...just going to do the ZZPheader catless dp 3" and look into a custom 3" catback before the stage kit, will also be putting dual pass with Option B so I can run smaller pulley.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm going to go for the Stage 3 kit from ZZP as well...just going to do the ZZPheader catless dp 3" and look into a custom 3" catback before the stage kit, will also be putting dual pass with Option B so I can run smaller pulley.
i put the s3 intercooler , 2.9 pulley stage 2 pcm 42# injectors adjustable belt tensioner from zzp and it works great i just hooked my wide band and interceptor gauges with out the gauges it was like 750$ i also have a stage 2 clutch light weight fidanza flywheel and [email protected] short shift

·
Registered
4 Posts
I cannot decide...according to ZZP website, the chip with a 3.1 pulley is 244 hp (little higher RPM) and 198 hp on avg. The stage 2 is 237hp, 193hp on avg.

These numbers dont quite add up. Whats the deal? Why would I pay more money for less hp al around?

·
Registered
31 Posts
ZZPerformance
zz performance is really good

or check out over the top performance

the average hp is hard to really say u read stage 2 for gm goes to 245 but people have dynoes stock at 215 to 220 stage 2 numbers i have seen 230 to 270 just on stage 2 pulley i recomend going stage 3 from zzp with their intercooler and dropping a pulley size to 2.9 -2.8 with intake and full exhaust capable to 280 hp imo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts