Cobalts SS banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wanted to get a few opinions. I got thinking that the stitching on the steering wheel would look good red. So I started replacing the silver thread with red. This turned out to be VERY time consuming but I think it looks good so far. I was originally going to replace all the silver with red stitching but now I'm thinking that it looks pretty good half silver and half red. Please let me know what you think. Should I go all red, half and half or is this stupid and a waste of time?

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So recently I've been pretty busy, but I've managed to finish the top half of the steering wheel. I think it looks good. Here are a couple pics. In the one you can see the old silver stitching on the b***om half of the steering wheel for comparison. For $3.60 I think it's a nice little custom touch. Now just to find the time to finish the b***om.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe 3 hrs or so. All I did was remove the airbag and controls, cut the thread and pull out a stitch or two, then separated the threads in the original stitching and tied them in a knot around the new red thread, so that as I removed the old thread it pulled the ne thread through. Let me know if anyone else wants to try it and has any questions. It's easy just time consuming.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice. I'd just pay ya to do it. LOL But anyways. I have to start the Post count all over again since I was accidentally banned. LOL

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
Nice. I'd just pay ya to do it. LOL But anyways. I have to start the Post count all over again since I was accidentally banned. LOL
I am so sorry for that, and I took corrective action once I realized what a blunder I made..... I thought I was nailing that spambot that started yet another one of those spam crap threads...

If you check, all of your 170 plus post are still there, but I can't figure out why the software isn't giving you credit for them..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Its cool MT. I was just posting to that post saying that it was irrelevant to the purpose of this site. LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts