Cobalts SS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
2 years ago i had my check engine light come on dealer said it was lean so they re-flashed the computer. Ever since i've had several bogs in the rpm ranges and i lost 2 mpg. I've complained over and over even had the owner of the dealership drive it with me in it he said i see your point but nothing ever gets done. Before the flashing the car acelled smoothly and got 31.8 mpg on the hi way regularly.
I've had it with dealing with the two local dealers.

Who makes a programmer for an 05 SS? It not all riced out with crap it's 100% stock it all i need for my 78 mile commute. When i need to race i got to the track with the race car.
I just want the bog gone. My local tuning house can't do the SS. They can read but not flash.

Thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
when you say bogging do you mean the rpms fluctuatewhen you come to stop sometimes? If it is What i did was take off my intake and open up the throttle plate and clean all the carbon build up from the throttle body.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No not waving idle.
Non linear acceleration. pulls hard then nose drops down then pulls hard again.

·
Registered
370 Posts
yes i had this problem with my 05 SS. does it do this when its cold or when you first start driving it in th morning? mine always went away after the car warmed up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All the time.
Realy bad at 2800 rpm and again at 3200.

You can see and feel the nose drop while driving. It was never like this with the OE program but since the dealer flashed it its sucked.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Get them to check your fuel pump if anything else.. Mine would fall on its face and it was the fuel pump shorting out they had to replace the whole pump..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all.
2 years ago i had my check engine light come on dealer said it was lean so they re-flashed the computer. Ever since i've had several bogs in the rpm ranges and i lost 2 mpg. I've complained over and over even had the owner of the dealership drive it with me in it he said i see your point but nothing ever gets done. Before the flashing the car acelled smoothly and got 31.8 mpg on the hi way regularly.
I've had it with dealing with the two local dealers.

Who makes a programmer for an 05 SS? It not all riced out with crap it's 100% stock it all i need for my 78 mile commute. When i need to race i got to the track with the race car.
I just want the bog gone. My local tuning house can't do the SS. They can read but not flash.

Thanks

Hey read your posting. Ther is a Place in manheim pa called pro-tune they assured me they can re-flash the ecu in your car to how you want it. from HP at diff rpms to how many miles your going on a gallon of gas. i tried to have my LS cobalt re-flashed there but they have not borken the code to the ecu set up i have. but they told me they can do the LSJ moters ecu (cobalt ss) since they have done the ecu in the new zo6 vette. And they share the same ecu set up. I went to the dealership also and gave me a bunch of crap as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts