Cobalts SS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I'm new here. I'm from Raleigh, North Carolina, so if anyone else is from that area hopefully you can clue me into reputable shops, etc in the area. I have a 2009 Summit white SS, here are some teaser shots:

Lately it seems my car isnt boosting as much as it was before. I'm wondering if I should worry about boost leak.

It seemed like before I was always boosting past 15psi and now if I hit 15 thats great and 16 happens at the top of the gear rarely.

I am completely stock but have ordered my GMS1 and look to be putting it in next week.

Just wondering what your stock boost was like!

Also the aside was the bluetooth with the car suddenly stopped working properly. It used to mute the audio and go straight to the call. Now it doesnt mute, and my phone rings by itself and if I answer the call it just uses the handset even though the bluetooth is paired up. This one has me stumped because I've paired/unpaired and tried everything. (verizon blackberry tour)

Anyone else have that issue?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Has the weather g***en colder since the boost drop? The ECM, when stock, will let the car make only 260hp. It's part of the "learn down" feature. So colder weather=lower boost & same power.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I think you nailed it. the lower boost does seem to correlate with lower temperatures. Im in north carolina, so it doesn't get too cold. But usually nighttime is when I am thinking I have an issue. It is usually right at 15psi though.

Is that a normal stock boost level?

And as far as the aside goes, my bluetooth worked fine yesterday. All I did was restart the phone (battery pull). So it seems like an intermittent problem because it wasnt working for about 4 days straight and then all the sudden back to normal.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Normal stock boost level truly depends on the altitude, here in WV I'd hit around 16-17 in warmer weather, now I only hit around 14psi.

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
during the hot days i will booste about 23-24 and the colder days it only 22-24, but my car runs alot better and feels to pull better when its cold.

And before ppl start posting all this stuff about it being turbo and the intercooler I Know.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey skoal, with our tunes our learn down feature has been removed. I mean, we obviously still see a slight fluctuation in boost based on weather but not as bad as when we were stock.

·
Registered
143 Posts
^^Could be....don't wanna lose a nut :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts