Cobalts SS banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are intakes are under the right side of our headlight, where does the air come from to go into the intake? can u take off the cover and get more air into the intake?, if u did so would u be in trouble for hydrolocking the engine if water splahed up into it because its so low to the ground?let me know what u guys think

·
Registered
434 Posts
I also wonder this. I pre ordered the K&N Typhoon today and was wondering how this intake installs. I know on the stock airbox, it's just a box containing the filter but the air actually comes in from a column pointing upwards out of the airbox. Does the K&N Typhoon completely get rid of the stock airbox and if so will water get into the engine?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
the intakes get rid of the airbox totally. the typhoon will not be ready for atleast 4 weeks, possibly 8. there is an intake that will be ready to ship within 14 days though that should yield just as much gain as the k&n that is cheaper. it's one piece design as well. i am putting in my order tomorrow for it so i can send it to have it jet hot coated.

these intakes can be powder coated as well. i'm just spending some extra and sending it for the jethot to keep the temps down even a little more.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Actually after I preordered my K&N Typhoon for the SS S/C I was told I will receive a call in about 2 weeks :D

·
Registered
434 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Since the airbox is completely gone, will water stay out of the intake system?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if the intake system is high enough it will stay out.. the only reason i asked that is because our stock one is like under the engine too close to the ground, what kinda intake is this short ram? cuz theres not much room for it lol

·
Registered
434 Posts
So the K&N doesn't go as low as the stock airbox?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im pretty sure if dosnt, i dont know what type of intake it is tho if its a shortram it wont .. im almost 100 percent positive it wont

·
Registered
434 Posts
From looking at the bends, it looks like it will just go far enough into the fender well. Like the filter will seal the fender well. I hope thats how it will work, that would be perfect.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yeah it's definately designed for our cars, there was a news announcement I posted a week or so ago but the link don't work no more. +8HP +7Tq

·
Registered
434 Posts
On a side note...does the K&N intake void your warranty?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats a good question lol im scared to ask cuz mine is leased too one of my friends dads owns a dealership.. ill ask him n get back to you on that one

·
Registered
434 Posts
I definately want to keep my warranty. I've had petty little things wrong with my car fixed and who knows if or when more might show up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts