Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tonight at 11:30 on RT 3 .. my friend and I will be racing a few cars... my friend will prolly smoke all of them .. he has a 94 RX7.. Ill be driving the Cobalt SS against...a Celica GTS w/Exhaust and coldair intake, a GTP supercharged, a 96 Maxima, and a 4.7 Liter Mustang wish me luck .. we will be video taping so hopefully I can figure out how to get it on here

·
Registered
695 Posts
tell us who wins! lol

·
Registered
695 Posts
hitthecones said:
Do you believe in Darwinism? Freakin' idiots...
never heard of darwinism.. so i guess i am an idiot

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
KangolRiot said:
tonight at 11:30 on RT 3 .. my friend and I will be racing a few cars... .. he has a 94 RX7.. Ill be driving the Cobalt SS against...a Celica GTS w/Exhaust and coldair intake, a GTP supercharged, a 96 Maxima, and a 4.7 Liter Mustang wish me luck .. we will be video taping so hopefully I can figure out how to get it on here
Thank you. I will be informing the authorities.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
This kid is stupid...

Kill stories/ racing nights should be told AFTER you do them...

This kid is announcing it, you never know you COULD be reading......

·
Registered
155 Posts
Aww, come on guys. Street racing can be fun! Especially when those red and blue stobe light show giving dudes show up. ;)

·
Registered
227 Posts
KangolRiot said:
tonight at 11:30 on RT 3 .. my friend and I will be racing a few cars... my friend will prolly smoke all of them .. he has a 94 RX7.. Ill be driving the Cobalt SS against...a Celica GTS w/Exhaust and coldair intake, a GTP supercharged, a 96 Maxima, and a 4.7 Liter Mustang wish me luck .. we will be video taping so hopefully I can figure out how to get it on here

You mean 4.6l ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok just got back... no1 showed up except the Grand Prix GTP and the Celica GTS with the exhaust and CAI... it turned out they were young drivers like 17 years... but we were on the highway driving until there were no cars in site and all 3 of us took a lane GTP in fast lane me in middle lane(SS) and Celica in 3rd lane ... my third beep we took off... I seemed to get a strong lead and then kept pulling.... by this time I Was liek a car length ahead of teh GTP and teh celica was gone.. he said he was scared for cops .. whcih I dont blame him but then we raced a bunch of times again and I won every time and then teh Celica decided to race 4 real and we got in lanes agaihn the GTP did the beeps and we took off the GTP had a slight head start but I flew by him quick and then passed him by a couple cars and the Celica was behind but pretty close to about 135 and then eventually I was pcikin up more speed and about to redline so I shifted into overdrive and just eventually stopped racing ... but there u got the SS can beat the GTP and Celica GTS... I was veryyyy suprised about the GTP tho I thought it would beat me because it had a supercharged 3.8 V6

·
Registered
59 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
Glad ya had fun buddy, be careful!
I don't understand why you do not feel any responsibility as a moderator to lock and delete threads like this. He's clearly talking about illicit behavior and you are glad he had fun?

Sorry to rant, but come on. When reading stuff like this, why would GM ever WANT to offer anything to enhance the performance of these cars?

·
Registered
371 Posts
...ohand I will say what I always say to be an a-hole "ROLL RACING IS GAY"

·
Registered
91 Posts
I love threads like these, even though we all know it's BS, it's still amusing to read. But any car passing up another by a couple of car lenghts, is hard to believe, unless you're extremly powerful compare to the other cars. But hey, something to read to kill time, right? That and isn't what 90% of war stories is all about? Racing on the streets? Since most peeps that race at the tracks, usually don't get a heads up race anyways....... Not to say that street racing is a good thing or anything of it's kind.
But be safe when racing, because with or without us telling these young kids not to street race, you know that they are going to do it anyways. So might as well tell them to be careful, then nothing at all, right? That and I don't want to be a hater, but I'm hoping for GM to become more strict on the CSS on warranty work, just like how Chrysler is to the SRT......lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't understand why you do not feel any responsibility as a moderator to lock and delete threads like this. He's clearly talking about illicit behavior and you are glad he had fun?
Let me guess, you've never, ever done it before in your whole entire life, right? I agree that for impressionable young Hollywood influenced minds it's a bad, bad idea to go out and get all crazy and try to act like the movies or whatever....but c'mon. Just because someone goes to an auto-x or frequents a dragstrip doesn't give them the authority to tell others what to do, I see it all the time. It's just like some of the pros, they get all "big time" and then start preaching about how street racing is bad (which it can be), but yet what are their roots? How did they get their start? I give ya one guess.
Am I advocating it? Hell no. If your too stupid to not put others in danger, or consider the consequences then yeah, pack it in and take it home. Inexperience behind the wheel does not mix with "spirited" driving. Then again, even the experienced can mess up as well. "Take it to the track" is an excellent alternative, but it's not an availibility to everyone....and I'm afraid it's not going to quell an activity that has been around for decades upon decades. It's kind of a bittersweet call because I understand the importance of pointing the impressionable (and mentally incompetent) in the right direction, but at the same time I would be a hypocrite to say "dont do it." I think people need to be given informative decisions, not ultimatums.

·
Registered
498 Posts
that's true. I'd say the vast majority of current track nazi's started their love for racing on the street. Then again, they are looking out for us. Much like your parents, who did drugs when they were young, but would kick their kids' ass for doing it. Some of the track guys are probably on the track cuz of bad experience on the street that changed them. So they're just looking out for us (like Bill O'Reiily).

With that said, street racing rocks!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts