Cobalts SS banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
how do you like the sound? any CEL pop-up? I want to do that also but im too worried about a CEL so i've put the idea on a back burner.

·
Registered
32 Posts
alright i lost the cover and installed a gmc cone style filter from truck someone gave me blower sounds like a jet taking off down the runway and with no internals in my cat---major noticable difference and no cel i modified the part of inner fender that covers airbox to accept the giant cone k+n dont know exactly how much i added at the wheels but its night and day difference

·
Registered
32 Posts
i also cut the side off the main part of the airbox that used to be the intake of the airbox i got plenty of air now appreciate stryders pics showed me exactly what i wanted to do with my set up. the sound of the blower is loud as hell i definately would recommend losing the airbox cover

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well im sure you guys have since found something else but i still have this mod and have had it without a CEL at all running 6000 mi now. the whine is there and its real nice when you get on it. i bought an extra cover so it makes it real easy when i need warranty work done if you area real worried about CEL's use the AEM dryflow instead of K&N or other oiled filters you get the same gains without gunk getting on your MAF sensor. any other questions pm me please or find me on ************* .

·
Registered
106 Posts
well im sure you guys have since found something else but i still have this mod and have had it without a CEL at all running 6000 mi now. the whine is there and its real nice when you get on it. i bought an extra cover so it makes it real easy when i need warranty work done if you area real worried about CEL's use the AEM dryflow instead of K&N or other oiled filters you get the same gains without gunk getting on your MAF sensor. any other questions pm me please or find me on ************* .
It's been a year with my aem dryflow and still no CEL :)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
ive had the mod for about 7000 miles and no cel on

but somebody around me has the mod but the cel is on
he says its normal but im sceptical

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well that depends on what filter he's using a CEL is never normal but most of the time has to do with emissions stuff.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
It's been a year with my aem dryflow and still no CEL :)
Ive got the typhoon intake (oiled element) no CELs. When I clean it, im going to lightly mist the outside with a light coat of oil. I have the filter "condom" on there anyways to help keep moisture from penetrating the filter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
where is the MAF? One of my buddies and I tried to get to the air box one night but we couldn't get to it because we didn't want to remove the inner fender well cover cause it's going to be a pain to put back on. I'm not leaving that off either.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
^^^^ in the fender well you have to take the inner fenderwell off no matter what

·
Registered
278 Posts
even if the CEL comes on......big deal. Yeah, it sucks driving around, especially in a newer car, having to stare at a CEL the whole time, but with modifications comes sacrifises. Just like when you lower your car.......no more speedbumps. With an exhaust.........gotta watch out for cops alot more.......window tint.....same story. I deal with my CEL quite frequently. First my intake threw it, and then once my car's ecu somewhat learned that, I did it again with my full exhaust which included a cat-less downpipe. I tried fixing that with a Weapon-R cel eliminator, but being lowered, that piece, along with my O2 sensor, ended up getting ripped off by something tiny on the highway. Luckily, I was able to recover the O2 sensor, and the CEL eliminator is now a paper weight in my room. Our cars dont have limp modes, so its not really gonna hurt your car at all. I know its annoying, but if your gonna do stuff to your car, you gotta expect things to go ary. And as far as I know, the only 100% way to rid your car of the CEL's that pop on from misc. mods is with the HP Tuners engine software.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts