1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my car last week and noticed that i was just making 10lbs of

boost... :eek: So i call my dealership and they tell me "GM is having problems

with some cars not making the 12.5lb's that there supposed to" and GM is

going to have a recall in the next few weeks.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this same problem.

P.S. Didn't matter if it was 68 or 100 degrees still only made 10lbs :(

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
ToMeGuN said:
Bought my car last week and noticed that i was just making 10lbs of

boost... :eek: So i call my dealership and they tell me "GM is having problems

with some cars not making the 12.5lb's that there supposed to" and GM is

going to have a recall in the next few weeks.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this same problem.

P.S. Didn't matter if it was 68 or 100 degrees still only made 10lbs :(
Really man that sucks but a least you will get your car fixed. And welcome to the site.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Mine does that too it only hits about 10. boost see thats another thing why I should sale this thing that would be the 5th time going back to the dealership want a joke. you know Chev as one the right with there ads on tv...... Like A Rock OOOO Like A Rock....... What next????

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Yeah, bizo, you might wanna look into the lemon law, my buddy got a brand new SRT-4 after about 12K miles, so you shouldnt have much of a problem if you're having repetitive problems. Hopefully if you can get another SS then the new one would be great!

·
Registered
241 Posts
That guard under the car is junk. I would have pulled that off the second the car rolled into the garage, but its not my car to pull things off of. It later fell off on its own lol.

Apparently the little plastic tabs that hold it on are junk.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i really dont know much about the supercharger system but... do you get vac reading on your boost gauge when your not applying gas?

yeah this sucks if you guys are having problems.... do you guys know if your cars are hand built? our 03s were half hand-built...

·
Registered
509 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
Yeah, bizo, you might wanna look into the lemon law, my buddy got a brand new SRT-4 after about 12K miles, so you shouldnt have much of a problem if you're having repetitive problems. Hopefully if you can get another SS then the new one would be great!

Lucky Him... What dealer was it?

·
Registered
283 Posts
About that peace under the car when it fell off I brought my car back in to get it put back on I asked the guy if I need it and he told me ya of course I asked him what was it for and he told me that its for it rains anyways I asked him I am going to lose some boost he said ya. So I guess if you take it off you may gain a little boost. Has anyone notice a differece in that??????

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
DJOrtiz said:
i really dont know much about the supercharger system but... do you get vac reading on your boost gauge when your not applying gas?

yeah this sucks if you guys are having problems.... do you guys know if your cars are hand built? our 03s were half hand-built...
Yeah they read vacuum....

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
BizoCG said:
About that peace under the car when it fell off I brought my car back in to get it put back on I asked the guy if I need it and he told me ya of course I asked him what was it for and he told me that its for it rains anyways I asked him I am going to lose some boost he said ya. So I guess if you take it off you may gain a little boost. Has anyone notice a differece in that??????
What piece is this exactly...??

·
Registered
26 Posts
my car hits 12 psi in 2 gear and up but in first it only hits 10 maybe the air you drive in is not as good my car also went 14.6 @ 96 bone stock in the heat 84 degrees

1 - 20 of 34 Posts