Cobalts SS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
I've seen several posts of this but thankfully mine is no where near touching. I have about a 1/2" gap and there's no marks on the tubing whatsoever.

·
Registered
149 Posts
lmao thats how they fixed it? They just repositioned it thats great take it back and get a new one I'm getting a new one on Saturday and I'm goingt o stay there and watch them do it cause I dont want them to fuck anything else up or forget something for that matter it's like they hire people that are blind with an attention span of 10 sec. and if they do something wrong they decide not to do anything to correct the problem but rather wait for you to come back and say something about it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They didn't reposition it, they cut the stud down so there is nothing for the intake to rub on anymore. It had only rubbed through about 1/32" so there was no reason to replace the intake.

Oldbenwa

·
Registered
58 Posts
I took a rubber boot off of an RC Car glow plug starter. Fit right over the stud. Been good so far. Not only that but it matched the paint. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just checked my intake this afternoon and it looks like the bolt was already cut. Its about 1/2 of a inch away from the intake, and you can tell that the bolt was originally longer (paint missing from the end that was cut). I guess somewhere along the line Chevy got wind of this and cut the bolt before i got the car. Hopefully everyone who just got or is waiting on order for their SS/SC will have this pre-cut for them too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts