Cobalts SS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my sunroof worked fine for the first 4 months i had the car and now it wont go down when i shut it everything goes down but the back right corner its stuck up tried pushing it down and put a little grease on the track but it just wont go down anyone have any suggestions. Im startin to wish i never bought this car every other week something goes wrong with it that wonderful gm engineering!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
The track lock broke as it did on my 05 SS I was lucky it was covered under my warranty.

I was able to take a screw driver & slide the lock on the track forward about 1 inch & then it would shut but every time you open it you will have to do this.

By memory there is a little tab that locks (it slides with the window under normal opperation)the suroof when it shuts & mine broke so when whne it's trying to shut it actually holds the one side up & won.t let it shut, so looks at the side that is binding & look for this tab & slide it about one inch forward& then try shutting the sunroof.

It suck because to fix it you have to replace the whole track:(

I was looking & I believe you can find the track for about $200 but it takes skills to replace it.
http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/index.cfm?action=getPartLocator&siteid=2&chapter=&Sectionids=0,2695&groupid=2699&subgroupid=3728&componentid=0&makeid=6&model=Cobalt&year=2009&graphicID=CL05425&callout=2&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you a million times.... Sliding the lock forward fixed the problem, got worried was about to rain...Gonna pull the fuse and enjoy the skylight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts