Cobalts SS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I decided to check the oil level on my supercharger... But how do i know if it is full? I've read so much stuff with no answer... Some say fill till it flows out of the fill hole... some say to fill till you see it about 1/4 inch below the threads of the fill hole.

Can someone clear this up for me so i don't over fill?

·
1,087 Posts
Actually, reading further I saw that you were supposed to drain the SC of the oil, then when all the fluid was drained, fill it with only 1 bottle from the dealer. With these SC's you don't want to fill it over or the pressure from lack of space will blow a seal. So DO NOT OVERFILL! Sorry for the confusion but here is a link to where all this info is:

http://www.chevycobaltforum.com/forum/f18/eaton-m62-oil-fill-amount-misconception-3552/

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, sounds good... Since you are being very helpful i got one last question for you.

Does the supercharger ever lose oil? As in do I ever have to top it off or anything of that nature? Or just leave it alone till I decide to do a fluid change on the supercharger.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right on... No funny noises so it's all good. About to break my 60k. Says to change trans at 100k... psh i doing it as soon as it's dry out haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts