Cobalts SS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So get this! Last year, in Dec 04, I got a speeding ticket for going 95 in a 70. It was one of those days where there was absolutely no traffic and i was just cruisin to Atlanta, not really paying attention to my speedometer. I had a mazda 6 at the time. All the sudden, I see a grey car speeding across the median and skid onto the highway like some crazy stunt driver tryin to catch up to me. So I did the smart thing and pulled over and waited for him, hoping that would redeem myself a little bit. But it didn't.
I paid my fine but was unable to make it to court... which really sucks i wish i could have went. well, jan 06 i got a letter saying my liscense is suspened for 6 months?? I wonder if they can really wait that long to actually get all the paper work filed or if they can wait a whole year before it gets processed! If so, that's ridiculous. I could have served my time twice over by now.:eek:

·
Registered
322 Posts
HOLY DAMN THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!! My brother got popped for a DWI in AL that resulted in an accident with injuries--------> 3 months suspended license. And you got 6 months for 20 over on an empty highway??? That is completely redonkulous!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dang that is ridiculous!!! wow... oh well. hopefully i wont get stopped. i'm moving from ga in a month. I ordered my driving record to see what it says.

·
Registered
113 Posts
In some states, they take longer to process stuff like that. In some states you might get a ticket but not be able to get a court date for another year or so. It all depends on the state and how backed up they are. Sorry to hear about your suspension though.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
3 years ago I got pulled over for the following on Thanksgiving night(2002):
108 in a 45
Wreckless driving
Running a Redlight
Illegal U-turn

My license was suspended for 6 months and 15 days. I got a suspension of 15 days for my 108 in a 45 since it was my first speeding offense, and 6 months for the wreckless driving.

My license OFFICIALLY went on suspension March 4th 2003. Got it back September 19th, 2003.

It took them 4 months to process everything. I even took it to court also just because I fight everything, so I am sure it would have been less time if I didn't try and fight it.

Good luck with the driving and I hope all goes well!

·
Registered
322 Posts
I don't know the exact amount, because it was my brother's business, and we don't discuss money matters, but with the repairs to his car included it came out to around 2k I believe.

Oh- just remembered 5k including lawyer costs.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i paid 280 for the fine and then they jackasses suspended my license! It was my first ticket too!

i can apply to get a work license; however, it would take longer than the time I have left in GA. I am leaving here Feb 11... I called the drivers license office and asked a few question and they said nothing to me about my license being suspended. So who knows... maybe it's going to take them another year to actually show it's suspended??? :mad:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually i'm af stationed at Fort Gordon, but I'm going to Langley within the next month. the base in valdosta is pretty nice though

·
Registered
765 Posts
Does Georgia have a law that says you have to provide proof of insurance when you get a citation? I know Indiana does and it takes them awhile to run everything through.

ALSO, Call your local sheriff's department or go see your County Clerk. They might be able to tell you if you are actually suspended and what the suspension is for.

Lastly, CALL YOUR GOVERNOR if you feel you have been treated unfairly. My ex-girlfriend got her license suspended b/c of the whole proof of insurance thing even though we did prove she had insurance and her license was reinstated the same day.

Hope this helps!!!!!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
What's up with the banner ad at the bottom of the page? Are you mods trying to make her feel worse? :p

I got a ticket near Columbia, SC almost 11 years ago. 65 in a 55, $47. Sent in a money order, but about 4 months later, my boss tells me my license came up as suspended when their insurance company checked it. Turns out that they said they didn't get the money order and had it suspended (PA license at the time). Took me another 5 months and around $300 (don't remember exactly how much) to get it re-instated just so that I could get a license in Florida (moved there a month after the ticket).

(just in case the banner changes)

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
mken said:
What's up with the banner ad at the bottom of the page? Are you mods trying to make her feel worse? :p

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D I didn't notice that before!!

It does say you need a VALID drivers license though....

·
Registered
945 Posts
Thats sucks,

I have only been pulled over twice since i have been driving, Once for no reason and i mean literally no reason and had the drug dog ran through my car 3 times and the second time for rolling through a stop sign while doing 10 over on the cell phone while still hung over, taking car of sick grandmother 500 miles from home excuse is the shit. I really was taking care of her though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts