Cobalts SS banner

Sweet Redline supercharger VID

4K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  cnr69 
#1 ·
#6 ·
cnr69 said:
I had to check out the cahmotion...that was pretty wild. Call me a moran, but what is that all about? Can my cobalt ss do that?
Yeah it can the one in the video has a open air box. Once you take the air box out or get a intake you Cobalt SS will sound like that to anf you will gain some power to.

#7 ·
I capitalized the A in shAt because thats just one of the ways a bunch of people around here intentionally mispronounce a word, shit in this instance is shat! Holy SHAT!!! LOL sorry bout that :p I guess its just regional slang, Ive never heard anybody that isn't from around here say it...

#9 · (Edited)
CoBIZZLE said:
I capitalized the A in shAt because thats just one of the ways a bunch of people around here intentionally mispronounce a word, shit in this instance is shat! Holy SHAT!!! LOL sorry bout that :p I guess its just regional slang, Ive never heard anybody that isn't from around here say it...

Like i shat my pants or "i shat on a turtle." LOL i know i do that to some times but i use shat like everyday. O and "shart" is a fun word to use sometimes.

Sorry for going off topic. And i geuss i just watch way to many movies.

#15 ·
I was looking at my car today and thought to myself................... :confused: How do i get to the airbox???? Only one thing crossed my mind...taking off the front tire and the removing the ineer tire well.......<-----is this correct procedure? Also my car is getting close to 1500 miles and i am going to change the oil, so i went and bought a new filter and some mobil 1, only to discover that the oil filter is like no other i have seen!!!! Has anybody changed their oil yet that knows what to do?

#16 ·
Ronnie Pendergrass said:
I was looking at my car today and thought to myself................... :confused: How do i get to the airbox???? Only one thing crossed my mind...taking off the front tire and the removing the ineer tire well.......<-----is this correct procedure? Also my car is getting close to 1500 miles and i am going to change the oil, so i went and bought a new filter and some mobil 1, only to discover that the oil filter is like no other i have seen!!!! Has anybody changed their oil yet that knows what to do?

I heard that the air box is really hard 2 get 2 and i dont no about the oil filter but what does the filter look like??

#17 ·
the oil filter is just an element like what is inside of a regular oil filter. I guess there is a compartment on the engine that the filter just slips into. It has plastic ends and in the middle is the paper or whatever that stuff is. I will take some pics and post them later when the old lady gets home with the digital camera.

#19 ·
Ronnie Pendergrass said:
the oil filter is just an element like what is inside of a regular oil filter. I guess there is a compartment on the engine that the filter just slips into. It has plastic ends and in the middle is the paper or whatever that stuff is. I will take some pics and post them later when the old lady gets home with the digital camera.
Ok I have an 03 Sunfire (Im getting a Cobalt SS within a few weeks) and it has the 2.2L Ecotec engine...the filter is actually just like a paper element inside of a regular oil filter... You'll find the oil filter compartment on top of the engine towards your right, itll be below the charger and it has a black cap, take it off with a socket and pull that cap out and the filter will come out with it and all you do is pull the old one off and snap in the new one and screw the cap back into place viola! you just changed the filter then add oil :) I HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!

#20 ·
Mark said:
Ok I have an 03 Sunfire (Im getting a Cobalt SS within a few weeks) and it has the 2.2L Ecotec engine...the filter is actually just like a paper element inside of a regular oil filter... You'll find the oil filter compartment on top of the engine towards your right, itll be below the charger and it has a black cap, take it off with a socket and pull that cap out and the filter will come out with it and all you do is pull the old one off and snap in the new one and screw the cap back into place viola! you just changed the filter then add oil :) I HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!
thanks for the input, i will lookat it tomorrow sometime, in the meantime today i put my car under the knife!!! I cut the airbox so i could hear the S/C whine a little more, i cut two squares out on each side of the box and TAAADAA!!! WOW what a difference at WOT!!Couldnt feel any gain in power or throttle response but it is candy to my ears now...Atl least till the come out with a cold air intake!!

#21 ·
Ronnie Pendergrass said:
thanks for the input, i will lookat it tomorrow sometime, in the meantime today i put my car under the knife!!! I cut the airbox so i could hear the S/C whine a little more, i cut two squares out on each side of the box and TAAADAA!!! WOW what a difference at WOT!!Couldnt feel any gain in power or throttle response but it is candy to my ears now...Atl least till the come out with a cold air intake!!

That is awsome and the is so weird how much of a change that the air box can make.

#23 ·
CoBIZZLE said:
I pulled my girlfriends airbox off of her neon again! LOL It sounds awesome for a neon!! But like I said I'll have an intake probably before I even take delivery of the car!

LOL i might if they got a K&N intake i will get it and put it on it the day i get it.

#26 ·
today i put my car under the knife!!! I cut the airbox so i could hear the S/C whine a little more, i cut two squares out on each side of the box and TAAADAA!!! WOW what a difference at WOT!!Couldnt feel any gain in power or throttle response but it is candy to my ears now...Atl least till the come out with a cold air intake!![/QUOTE]

Just wondering. Is it wise to cut holes in the air box? Is there any possible
damage that could result?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.