Cobalts SS banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had any advice for me on how i could avoid putting swirl marks in my paint after i get done washing it and drying it. I have a black ss/sc and man does it show every little mark. What my question is, is what do most of you fellow black cobalt owner recommend(products)for drying it. No lie i've tried just about everything. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
For drying use a quality schammy..(spelling?) or a microfiber drying towl. The idea is to slowly remove the moisture of the paint. Your still going to get swirl marks because the paint quality is shit. But like that Gab dude said the Maguires three step pulls them out pretty well. Or if you got skills use a wheel. So bascially if your using any other fabric to dry the car, You're scratching it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Be careful how you wash it too... If you wash in a circular motion with anything slightly abrasive then the same results occur... If you wash from front to back and no other direction, you'll get some pretty cool looking lines that go straight back... not terribly visible though... trust me, I used to wash cars for a living for a rental car company

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just use Mr.Clean autodry I havent used a towel to dry my vehicles in about 2 years!!

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Just use Mr.Clean autodry I havent used a towel to dry my vehicles in about 2 years!!
^^^That will work well if you dont have well water. It works best if you have a city water, or a well with a good filtration system.

·
Registered
482 Posts
So who uses a water well???

·
Banned
7 Posts
if you wash your car you will get swirls.. no 2 butts about it, what u should do is get a good swirl mark remover and an electric buffer and buff the marks out every 2 months or so

·
Registered
202 Posts
i have laser blue

my car has zero hair line scratches in it. its mint. i wash it with soft hand mit. DONT USE A BUFFER THAT WILL SURELY SCRATCH IT. i use a drying towel its like 8 bucks and its blue at auto zone. i use 2 of them cuz you have to ring them out and go over the car till all water is gone. and wipe off some of the spots. my car is mint everytime i wash it. looks better then the dealership washed it too. if you need anything else ask me thanks.

ryman.

·
Registered
202 Posts
no buffing

no if you buff the car with buffer it will put more scratches in it no matter if you use swirl mark remover anyway. it doesnt work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
if you buffing a car is putting swirl marks in it...you have no clue how to buff. i can remove almost all swirl marks with a buffer and some 3m perfect-it 3 light compound on any color.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Zaino Brothers is the best I have used, and I have used most of them. The Mcguires would be my second choice, but it doesn't do half the job the Zaino products will. I was directed to them by people in my corvette circle about 4 years ago.

I have a black SC/SS and keep the swirls and fine scratches off using the Z-5 product you will find on their website. They have a complete package of products except a drying towel. For that I use the Absorber...$9.99 at K-mart.

Let me know if you have any questions about the Zaino line.

www.zainobros.com

David

·
Registered
202 Posts
no i never buff

i do it all by hand and i have zero marks anywere that way i know i get everything off. a buffer cant get into cracks like by hand can.

ryman.

·
Registered
8 Posts
sure it can...if you know how to use a buffer, it can do anything better than by hand, in 1/3 of the time, and you still have the energy to beat off when you're done ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts