Cobalts SS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, call me a traitor, I did test drive the new 07 Si this evening. I have to give Honda their respected props. But with an engine that has to get up to 8k to tag the rev limiter, It still lacks low end slightly. I knew the salesman, so I let him test drive my Cobalt (stage 2) and he was smiling the whole way. He sais that it had enormous amounts of power compared to the civic. So, anyways, I personally have some pros and cons about the car.
PRO:
-6 speed close ratio gearbox- easy to wind up through the gears
-Digital dash- simple, guage style tach, digital mph, gas, and temp guages
-Short throw shifter
CON:
-Shifter feels like a screwdriver with a bent shaft, feels like the shifter is going to rotate and cause a missed gear.
-Cloth seats, maybe they do come with leather, but this one didnt.
-Bolsters in seats made for smaller statured people. Felt like I was being pushed out each side of the seat.
-Less trunk space, although I dont tote a lot, I still like the roominess in the cobalt.
-VTEC- It sounds cool when it finally kicks in somewhere around 5k-5.5k But no "kick in the ass" when it does come in.
-Rear view is almost worse than the cobalt.

Overall, I'd give the car a solid 4.5 of 5 stars, although some items i would rework.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, call me a traitor, I did test drive the new 07 Si this evening. I have to give Honda their respected props. But with an engine that has to get up to 8k to tag the rev limiter, It still lacks low end slightly. I knew the salesman, so I let him test drive my Cobalt (stage 2) and he was smiling the whole way. He sais that it had enormous amounts of power compared to the civic. So, anyways, I personally have some pros and cons about the car.
PRO:
-6 speed close ratio gearbox- easy to wind up through the gears
-Digital dash- simple, guage style tach, digital mph, gas, and temp guages
-Short throw shifter
CON:
-Shifter feels like a screwdriver with a bent shaft, feels like the shifter is going to rotate and cause a missed gear.
-Cloth seats, maybe they do come with leather, but this one didnt.
-Bolsters in seats made for smaller statured people. Felt like I was being pushed out each side of the seat.
-Less trunk space, although I dont tote a lot, I still like the roominess in the cobalt.
-VTEC- It sounds cool when it finally kicks in somewhere around 5k-5.5k But no "kick in the ass" when it does come in.
-Rear view is almost worse than the cobalt.

Overall, I'd give the car a solid 4.5 of 5 stars, although some items i would rework.
you forgot to put slow as balls in the cons part

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah no shit, i forgot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts