Cobalts SS banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we finally test drove and beat the crap out of the redline today(ION). I was quick. srtgurl was liking it.

funny thing was that even this one brand new idled funny as it surged until it warmed up.

This place currently has 4 Redlines and 2 have been there since 2004.

Went to the Chevy dealership locally and what a joke, a kid that looked no older than 19 was the sales man. asked what I was looking for and told him i want literature of the cobalt. he continues on to give me the brochure and shows me the interactive system. he asked what we had and I continued to tell him that we have an srt4, he looked out the glass and saw it. He points out that the CSS will smoke our car. we tell him..no buddy not our car, we have over 400whp.

And he says, out of a Neon?...nah....

He continues on that he is a V8/luxury type of guy and he has owned a Hummer,Cadillac, Mustang GT and he will be getting the Z06 soon. Remember that this kid looks to be 19yrs old and has not 1 single facial hair and talked with a girlie voice.

Now why would you go and start talking down on your customers and mention that you are above them because you drive quality cars?

It shocked me, needless to say the saturn dealership of course held to it's Sales tactic (car sells itself).

This certain Chevy dealership will not get my Purchase.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ive worked at a dealer for over 2 years now and I can tell you he will be gone in a month or less.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I hate salesman. Im 22 years old and have been test driving cars since I was 18 and have run into so many salesman that know absolutely nothing about the cars they are selling or cars in the same class.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Yea i was going to test drive a Scion xA just to see what they are like but any way they said "i have to be seriuos about buying the car to test drive it" so i said F it and never went back there. So they don't know crap and i was going to say on my way out i was going to buy one if i liked how it drove but i changed my mind so i left and my freind went right down the street and test drove a Mazda 3.

·
Registered
4 Posts
p7x said:
I hate salesman. Im 22 years old and have been test driving cars since I was 18 and have run into so many salesman that know absolutely nothing about the cars they are selling or cars in the same class.
It amazes how many salespeople are out there who do not know their product info. I once walked into a Chevy dealer and struck up a conversation about Corvettes. I knew the answer to this question, but I asked him how fast does the C5 accelerate 0-60mph. He said, "oh...something like 5.7 seconds...it's VERY fast." Needless to say I was laughing it up inside.

I test drove the Saturn ION REDLINE, and the sales guy there was at least HONEST that he didn't know too much about it. And I love going to Saturn dealers for test drives...they let you go ALONE.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i know you feeling guy's I went to a dealer and all they had was a standard ls cobalt. the guy said a few things about the car then i asked about the ss and he said that there was not much diffrence in the two..... just the extra interior features what a dummy...

to nivo88t you shoulda told him to get a gto or a what ever he thought would beat "just a neon" and SPANK HIS A** then tell the head sales man about him and laugh and purchase the car you want through another salesman at the same shop.

·
Registered
186 Posts
it's really rare to find a guy/girl that knows what they're talking about. It's good when they let you go alone but my favourite is when they come along because I have made a few guys shit their pants taking some turns and my crowning moment was the 360 into a parknig spot that always gets them reaching for the "holy shit bar".

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've been told a couple of times by a mazda dealership and a suburu dealership that I had to feel out a credit form before a test drive! needless to say.. I was outta there a few min laters... I'm lucky cuz my older brother works for a dealership.. I drive new cars all the time with no hassle about buying them! (well.. at least most of the time!)

·
Registered
102 Posts
^^^^

That's what I'm saying. If I have to fill out all these stupid credit forms before I test drive the car, sorry, but that dealership isn't getting my business.

Currently I drive a rusted out 1991 Dodge Daytona C/S (1 of 150 made). Yeah, it looks like crap but it's what I choose to drive and I enjoy the car.

If the dealership wants to pre-judge me by my current car, they won't get my business. I'm starting to save for my Cobalt SS S/C now, and by the time I'm ready to get one (It's my birthday present to myself in June) I'll almost have enough to pay for the car in cash. Most likely though, I'll finance with a 10g downpayment and immediately buy my body kit, wheels, coilovers, etc.

I hate when dealers pre-judge you. If the local Chevy dealership does it to me, management will be getting a phone call.

·
Registered
498 Posts
i went to a Ford Dealership to look at a Cobra, and I mentioned the new regular Focus that was next to it. he asked me what i had, and told him the SVT, and he said the standard Focus could whoop it. I was highly pissed off. That takes a lot of balls to insult someone's car, and then try to sell them something.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
svtfocus said:
i went to a Ford Dealership to look at a Cobra, and I mentioned the new regular Focus that was next to it. he asked me what i had, and told him the SVT, and he said the standard Focus could whoop it. I was highly pissed off. That takes a lot of balls to insult someone's car, and then try to sell them something.
I hate when that happens...we did walk away.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts