Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The hood is about 17.50 lbs, paintable. Constructed and finished by Epoxy resins gelcoat. Using stock accessoreis. Some of sponsors of this forum will post the fitting soon.

·
Registered
156 Posts
How much weight is this under the stock hood? How much $$$$$$$. Looks DAMN GOOD btw. espically where the center of the hood is black.

·
Registered
156 Posts
someone needs to wake dom up so he can answer some ?s about this hood, and take my credit card info!!

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
lololololol

WAKE UP BUDDY!!! :D
Does anyone know about the weight of the stock hood?
BTW I think the pics in his avatar and profile are photochops...

·
Registered
155 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
It appears black on the bottom side, is it just layered in cf??? That would suck.... :(
You'd rather it be bare CF on the backside? Backsides are usually ugly, but the painted (and reinforced!) backside looks clean and nice IMO. ;)

EDIT: The little tiny pics you're talkin about are hands down Photoshops.

EDIT / EDIT: Stock hood weight vs RKSport CF hood weight is in the Sport Compact Build Guide...lemme see if I can find it.

EDIT / EDIT / EDIT: I was wrong. It just notes the availability of the RKSport hood. :(

EDIT / EDIT / EDIT / EDIT: RKSport doesn't list it on their site. Thats not cool either.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Holy crap that would make my car look sweet!

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Dan Richards said:
You'd rather it be bare CF on the backside? Backsides are usually ugly, but the painted (and reinforced!) backside looks clean and nice IMO. ;)

EDIT: The little tiny pics you're talkin about are hands down Photoshops.

EDIT / EDIT: Stock hood weight vs RKSport CF hood weight is in the Sport Compact Build Guide...lemme see if I can find it.

EDIT / EDIT / EDIT: I was wrong. It just notes the availability of the RKSport hood. :(

EDIT / EDIT / EDIT / EDIT: RKSport doesn't list it on their site. Thats not cool either.
LOL!!! Holy freakin EDITS batman!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Oh and it doesnt matter to me if its painted on the bottom side I just dont want it to be a regular hood just "layered" w/ a cf design and cleared over. Much like the mirror caps everyone talks about...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CoBIZZLE said:
It appears black on the bottom side, is it just layered in cf??? That would suck.... :(
Inner part is constructed by fiberglass, for cut down price and structure. IPP SRT4 hood run @110mile/hr without hood pins.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CoBIZZLE said:
lololololol

WAKE UP BUDDY!!! :D
Does anyone know about the weight of the stock hood?
BTW I think the pics in his avatar and profile are photochops...

Stock hood about 37 lbs, without insolator.

·
Registered
509 Posts
dom551 said:

Cool...thanks

Whens the eta on the hood again?

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
dom551 said:
Thanks man! Oh and BTW, you said the SRT ran with an IPP hood at 110 w/o pins, did you mean in the 1/4? Cause I dont wanna be limited to 110mph if I cant go over 110 cause the mounts aren't gonna work as well, then I'll pass... :(

·
Registered
93 Posts
i want one... now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CoBIZZLE said:
Thanks man! Oh and BTW, you said the SRT ran with an IPP hood at 110 w/o pins, did you mean in the 1/4? Cause I dont wanna be limited to 110mph if I cant go over 110 cause the mounts aren't gonna work as well, then I'll pass... :(
110 miles/hr on highway, top speed to 156 m/h highway too.

·
Registered
297 Posts
:eek: That is friggin sweeeeet!!
How much, and when will it be available?
Damn that thing would look good on my car ;)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts