Cobalts SS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealer today and test drove the red SS they recieved on the lot. (Seretti Chevrolet) Car is incredible but the only downside is the freaking torque steer! Its not that bad but I definitely feel it needs a limited slip. I have been hearing about the limited slip that addresses this but when I went to build an SS on the computer tonight, I didnt see an option for the performance package. All I saw was side airbags, moonroof, onstar, and xm radio as available options. Is this package not available on the first run SS's? If it is gonna be available later on, thats fine I can wait (especially since I want sunburst orange, the only color that has not been built yet) but if its not, im just gonna go place my order within the next week and live without it. Any help would be appreciated! :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Quick Mineral said:
I went to the dealer today and test drove the red SS they recieved on the lot. (Seretti Chevrolet) Car is incredible but the only downside is the freaking torque steer! Its not that bad but I definitely feel it needs a limited slip. I have been hearing about the limited slip that addresses this but when I went to build an SS on the computer tonight, I didnt see an option for the performance package. All I saw was side airbags, moonroof, onstar, and xm radio as available options. Is this package not available on the first run SS's? If it is gonna be available later on, thats fine I can wait (especially since I want sunburst orange, the only color that has not been built yet) but if its not, im just gonna go place my order within the next week and live without it. Any help would be appreciated! :)
You have to talk to a dealer and order the LSD as part of a G85 package which is not on the web sight. I have heard of ppl having the LSD on their ordered SS but it will defeintly come out later. By the way there is a sunburst orange SS 30 mins from my house.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The G85 option is on hold (build constraint) right now and there is an excellent possibility that it will not be offered on any 2005 model even though order guides and brochures say otherwise.
If you have an SS ordered with the G85 and you want to get the car this model year you may have to forgo this option, the factory has not confirmed this yet but there is a very good rumor going around that this will be the case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I do not know where you heard that but here is the constraints of rthis week and G85 is not on it. I placed a G85 order this morning.

* 2005 Cobalt 18-Apr-05 950 1AP37 SS Coupe 10%* GREATER Than 4 Weeks Start up restriction 28-Oct-04
* 2005 Cobalt 18-Apr-05 1082 1AK37 / 1AL37 Base or LS Coupe 48%* s LESS Than 4 Weeks Start up restriction 17-Feb-05
2005 Cobalt 18-Apr-05 1350 1AP37 & G85 - 194 SS Coupe without Black Trim 0% GREATER Than 4 Weeks Material restrictions 24-Mar-05
* 2005 Cobalt 18-Apr-05 1107 PFD LT Sedan (1AZ69) Or LS Sedan/Coupe (1AL**) & 1SB Trim Package Not constrained this week* 3-Feb-05
* 2005 Cobalt 18-Apr-05 1351 1AL37 / 1AK37 & CF5 Base or LS Coupe & Power Sunroof 10%* L GREATER Than 4 Weeks Demand exceeds assembly plant capacity

1 - 5 of 5 Posts