Cobalts SS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out last weekend and ran a bit at 'the Strip'....

A wonderful facility, but the heat was something terrible...

Vegas is 2200ft, and would have been the lowest altitude I have ran the GTO at, but the 102 degree temp pushed the DA up to 6000ft, it wound up like racing at home...

SRT's were running terrible, many mid 14's and some low 15's...
I didn't see any Redlines or Cobalts, out of the 200+ cars that made this event, a orangized get off the streets and race event, all the runs you wanted for a mere $10....

The GTO has the mufflers removed and the center resonator removed, in preperation for the Twin Turbo install, other then that, bone stock, no tune on the A4 tranny, nothing.....

Here is a video of a pass:

GTO at the Strip - right click and save as

some images:

Hung out some with the boys from Vegas, they were very friendly. Two GTO's had the APS Twin Turbo kit, one was trapping 115 - 117mph, yet running low 14's and high 13's....

This track would be killer in October/November when the temps are down, ET's and Traps should improve...

Vegas, HepCat City, is always a blast.

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vegas is always fun... Gambling, shows, people...

Then to throw in some racin' and cool cars.....

It was the icing on the cake Daddy-o..

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW Bluebeast, congrats on getting your stage 3 car into the 11's...

Thats cookin' the bacon!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice pics, I would hate to run my car at that altitude in 100 degree heat.

Just for fun I plugged your track time and conditions into my sea level calcuator. Based on your 13.9 @ 100 mph run at 2000' elevation and 100 degree temps your time would have been 13.0 @ 106 mph at sea level.

Thats really good for a basically stock GTO

My stock 06 A4 GTO ran 13.3 @ 104.8 mph in 80 degree S. Florida condtions. That same day my buddies stock 05 A4 GTO ran 13.2 @ 105 mph.

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice pics, I would hate to run my car at that altitude in 100 degree heat.

Just for fun I plugged your track time and conditions into my sea level calcuator. Based on your 13.9 @ 100 mph run at 2000' elevation and 100 degree temps your time would have been 13.0 @ 106 mph at sea level.

Thats really good for a basically stock GTO

My stock 06 A4 GTO ran 13.3 @ 104.8 mph in 80 degree S. Florida condtions. That same day my buddies stock 05 A4 GTO ran 13.2 @ 105 mph.

I need to take my Maybellene out to a Sea Level track..
I know there is more power to be had..
She did ok in Vegas, some of the locals were running mid 14ish in that weather....

I really like that facility in Vegas.... And I look forward to many more runs here in some cooler months..

Just had a Red SRT running low 10's, so even in this heat, a car can be fast at 'the strip'.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts