Cobalts SS banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Way to quote the entire first post and all the pictures..

I think all the headers have some fitment issues, especially the coolant cross over pipe. Only header that will fit perfect is the GMPP header.

·
Registered
126 Posts
what would the ideal collector size be for a 2.2L with bolt ons?
I would get the DC sports header. It's a 2 inch collector which is bigger than the stock 2.2 header and it's a very nice piece. The collector on it is very nice. I ordered it for my 2.0 but returned it because it's smaller than the 2.0 header.

You could also go for a stock LSJ header because thats a bigger header than stock 2.2

http://www.cobaltss.org/gallery/dcheader

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
lol... ok well how bad will the fitment be? any cutting or welding? im looking for a direct bolt on, no surprise bs. i have the pacesetter but was never told that it had to be welded... thats some bs right there! anyone wants it, especially in md where we could meet. let me know.

well, anyone succesfully installed any of these and it fits good on a 2.2?????

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
now i thought about it more.....

what do you think. CA header (if it will fit) with a high flow cat downpipe.

Or

GMPP Honed??????

keep in mind all i have is a 2.2....

·
Registered
818 Posts
I recently saw a CA header first hand and the coating was peeling off and it had rust spots starting. I didn't take pics, which I should have.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I recently saw a CA header first hand and the coating was peeling off and it had rust spots starting. I didn't take pics, which I should have.
I don't have rust but the paint does come off. It's supposed to.

Underneath is stanless steel though so it's all good. It might rust a little but look at our stock manifold when it comes off.

Here is a pic of mine installed. I don't mind the peelage because it's hard to see the header anyway.

It bolted up nicely and has worked great for me. Good header for the price.

If you're building a show car I wouldn't recommend it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
To anybody that is thinking about the JBP, I just received an email from them that the header is on backorder for another 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
for anyone looking at the best bang for $$$ get a pacesetter header. there's no way you can beat them because they are a good quality machine welded piece. the only thing is that adapter that requires the dp to be modified, it's still well worth it though... $175 for a new header is a pretty good deal, since they put out identical gains to the $500 headers lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey i had a ? instead of buying a gmpp honed mani why not just buy a stock one and have it ported more then what they did..would it be worth it..?

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I'm running 2.9 pulley with GM Stage 2 tune. What header would work best? Keep in mind I'm probably not going to run anything more then this...maybe cams and camshaft intake manifold those kinds of things...but won't be for a long while. Want a good fit too, don't want to struggle with it.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Bump! I didn't get any love on the last post.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm running 2.9 pulley with GM Stage 2 tune. What header would work best? Keep in mind I'm probably not going to run anything more then this...maybe cams and camshaft intake manifold those kinds of things...but won't be for a long while. Want a good fit too, don't want to struggle with it.
How do you like the car with the stage 2 kit? Let me know that header works out when you figure out which one you're gonna get. I don't think you'll be able to get anything much better than the stock one, it looks like it has a 3 inch collector.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
How do you like the car with the stage 2 kit? Let me know that header works out when you figure out which one you're gonna get. I don't think you'll be able to get anything much better than the stock one, it looks like it has a 3 inch collector.
Stage 2 kit is a blast. Car can more then hold it's own. Stock I felt like it was a fun car but needed more. My friends Mazda6 with a V6 had as much to it as my cobalt stock. So now having the Stage 2 with a 2.9 pulley is a blast. I'm going to add in the dual pass intercooler here this week with the surge tank. Then I'll look at the exhaust and header. It's going to be my daily driver so I may just go with the GM mani. We shall see.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Go with the ZZP Stainless Header/Dp combo...It's amazing!

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
How loud is the ZZP....how did the install go...good fit?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not to loud right now, still stock exhaust after the header. took an hour and a half to install....very straight forward.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts