Cobalts SS banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I wonder if that will mate up to my 2.5 Corsa Touring.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It will if you get the 3" to 2.5" exit downpipe.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Do I have to specify that in ordering? I didn't see that as an option on say CA or modernperformance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It should have been an option, or been in the part description. If you get a 3" downpipe with a 3" exit, it will not match up with your current exhaust.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Well I call them up and see. CA responded in e-mail saying it would mate up but that makes sense to have two different type of exit sizes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got a prob? I bought a Pacestter header for my 2008 2.2l g5 the tubes are longer than my other one so it needs fabrication. I took it to a shop and the dude said if he cut the pipe to make it fit then i would have the check engine light on constantly i guess because the o2 sensor on the stock downpipe or whatever it is?? How can i gets this mother 'frrr installed right???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please do explain???? cause I looked at it and the stock header is like half the the length of the pacestter, its a short stubby SOB and the it looks like the downpipe would need to be cut.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Fabrication means different meanings to each person.

It will BOLT directly to the cylinder head. However the "fab" part is sawing (cut) your stock exhaust system, just before the OEM cat converter. The downpipe connects to the stock exhaust at this point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay I have a 2007 ss/sc and just upgraded my filter to a k&n and now im about to install the stage 2 kit. I was wondering which header to get for my specific car. I was thinking about going hahn all the way back because i do need to pass emissions still. let me know what you think. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
If you go with a catback you will be fine no tune other than you stage 2 required. If you go header and downpipe I recommend you get a custom tune.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
check out the OVER THE TOP PERFORMANCE LONGTUBE header
its a little expencive but best performance and best sounding

www.o t t p erformance.com
Do we have multiple dyno pulls to backup the 'best performance' statement? Do we have any clips for the sound? I'm sure some don't want drone while others want raspy others want deep tones ect... I'm sure a custom tune is required for this one too.

Also I think we would all agree in general a long tube header has netted bigger gains for V8 Trucks and muscle cars, I hope that holds true for our little 2.0...

·
Registered
31 Posts
ok your right its personal preference but for a modified 2.0l with like a 2.7 or lower pulley tvs the equal leanth and long tube design should give it more hp as far as dyno and sound clips look on you tube or their website for that info

most other ones cylider 4 and 1 are alwas longer then 2 and 3 creating less balance

·
Registered
31 Posts
email them the owners names are sean and josh ask them if they have a discount on that header worst thing they can say is no right worth a shot

61 - 80 of 85 Posts