Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for those that know about my previous car, I just got my new car. It is a 2006 Cobalt LS....I know...quite a big step backwards, but it was the best decision financially so I swallowed my pride and got the base model...no power windows, no power locks, no sunroof, 15" steel rims w/ plastic covers. But its a standard, and I hated driving the parents' Malibu grrr I will never own an Auto. Well, it's nothing flashy, but its a car, and its mine, and not my parents. It'll get me from A-B.

For those that dont know what happened with the previous ride, you can catch up here

http://www.cobaltss.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5908

And here

http://www.cobaltss.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5922

And pics of the car

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Wow, I like white! They shoulda offeed it on the SC model! Congrats on the new car buddy! Good luck with gettin that performance back where ya want it!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heheh yeah thanks bizz....I have a long road ahead of me for mods. I would like to get the RK Sport 3 piece spoiler, and an RK Sport bodykit...basically I want all this on my car, including those rims and the graphic is decent as well
http://www.gravanatuning.com/applications/2006_Chevrolet_Cobalt_Coupe_2.2.aspx/5/2170/_RK_Sport_3_Piece_Rear_Spoiler

I will probably start with upgrading the soundsystem first, then probably suspension and rims/tires to follow that shortly, then start with some preformance upgrades, and then the kit. Ooh and tint will probably be first to do.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hey, it's like mine when I first got it but it's got the spoiler and it's white... I almost got white but fell in love with the red. But make sure you get different wheels and tires... those stock Continentals suck... bad... You say you want the RK Sport 3 piece spoiler??? If you plan to get rid of the stock one let me know and I might wanna take it off your hands. Can't wait til you throw some mods on it... keep me updated on progress

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good Killah, you're #1 on my list for the spoiler if I choose to discard it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yeah i did read about your car Sorry to hear and see all that. I really wanted white, hell that was the only color i did want for a long time. When it came time for the deal it worked out to be Laser Blue which i LOVED. Hope you enjoy it.

Jill

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I love the white! I have a Camaro that is white with the Huggar Orange "pace car" stripes. White is so much more universal, you can match stuff up better.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh it will look badass when I get the windows tinted, the 2 side panels 5% and the back window 5% mMmMm and then smoke the tail lights and the 3rd brake like, then the rims; Konig Troubles. I've seen a nice simple vinyl graphic that I wouldnt mind to have on my car to accent the tint and rims and smoked lights. It's a long road though, I really want to get the power locks, keyless entry, and power windows put in soon, because grr I cant live without those. I dont want my locks getting frozen in winter either. Will keep ya'll updated!

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
White is sexy! but black (on a Camaro anywho) is god! (notice there is no capital G there so I dont offend anyone)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh it will look badass when I get the windows tinted, the 2 side panels 5% and the back window 5% mMmMm and then smoke the tail lights and the 3rd brake like, then the rims; Konig Troubles. I've seen a nice simple vinyl graphic that I wouldnt mind to have on my car to accent the tint and rims and smoked lights. It's a long road though, I really want to get the power locks, keyless entry, and power windows put in soon, because grr I cant live without those. I dont want my locks getting frozen in winter either. Will keep ya'll updated!
is there a package of some sort for this?? or is it just something that has to be put in at like a shop???

Thanks
Jill

·
Registered
482 Posts
is there a package of some sort for this?? or is it just something that has to be put in at like a shop???

Thanks
Jill
His Cobalt doesn't even offer pwr windows as an option.:confused: I'm not sure about the keyless entry though.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
His Cobalt doesn't even offer pwr windows as an option.:confused: I'm not sure about the keyless entry though.
Yeah, there must be aftermarket parts though for it right? For the pwer options I mean. There fricken better be!!

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Hey, if your sedan had pwr stuff, see if you can buy it off of the car and use it on your 2D. The parts may interchange... Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Yeah, there must be aftermarket parts though for it right? For the pwer options I mean. There fricken better be!!
Yes there are. I have put in many power actuators for pwr locks and I know they make pwr windows too.... however, I have heard both ways on the windows, difficult and easy... guess it depends on the car. (I've never done the windows... but I did put actuators on MY truck (and many other vehicles) for power locks!:D )

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Hey, if your sedan had pwr stuff, see if you can buy it off of the car and use it on your 2D. The parts may interchange... Just a thought.
He could use the switches IF they didnt have controls for all four windows... controls for four windows would look silly on a coupe. lol BUT He could use the mechanics in the door! And maybe even the wiring harness if he can get it yanked...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, the whole car is going up for auction, so it could end up anywhere in this province. So I dont think I can buy just the pwr locks and windows yet, have to wait until after the auction to see if the buyer will sell them back to me. Im even thinking I might try to get the whole car back but I dont think I will, might go for a lil too much. I'll keep my eye on it, but thats what I will try before I go aftermarket.

·
Registered
482 Posts
When I put the alarm in, they put actuaters for my door locks... all I need are the controls... but I'd like to install them myself... I plan on ripping the panels off of a cobalt with those options at a junk yard... along with the power window motors and such... (if I can) ...what all would I need? Or would I be better off just gettin the aftermarket motor???

1 - 20 of 27 Posts