Cobalts SS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you know whether the std Cobalt spoiler and the SS spoiler have the same bolt hole locations?

I'm not a fan of the SS version, and just might get the simpler one to put on when I get the car.
My understanding is that they are both available over the counter.

Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
From what I've read the holes don't match up, I may be old but I like the stock SS/SC spoiler. JMO

·
Registered
543 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Yeah I LOVE the RKSport spoiler.. There's another one out there, cant remember who makes it though, but IMO it doesnt look quite as good as the RKS spoiler..

·
Registered
543 Posts
I can agree w/ 498Nova here... the CSS wing as well as the SRT4 wing is a bit tall/large for my liking. As soon as I get the chance I plan on changing to the smaller RKSport type spoiler.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Part of the reason I bought my Cobalt was because I actually liked the spoiler, but after seeing the RK one, I think I might change it

·
Registered
6 Posts
We're looking to swap the CSS spoiler with another one.

A stock spoiler from a non SC coupe won't bolt right up?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Blade said:
We're looking to swap the CSS spoiler with another one.

A stock spoiler from a non SC coupe won't bolt right up?
it will.. the holes match up perfectly.. i have the ls and changed it to the ss spoiler.. the wholes are in the same exact spot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
foXll17 said:
it will.. the holes match up perfectly.. i have the ls and changed it to the ss spoiler.. the wholes are in the same exact spot.
Oh sweet.

I suppose i'll have a yellow CSS spoiler for sale in a week or two. :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is GOOD to know. Thanks for the real world info.
I really like the looks of the RKS spoiler, but I'm sure it means starting with a bare trunk lid, and drilling holes. Not cool on a brand new car, unless you have $$$ to throw at it.
Would be nice if GM could offer some options, or even a spoiler delete option.
Sleeper!
Ron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts