Cobalts SS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fuck.. As you know you all know I just picked up my SS last weekend. So far im having a blast. The supercharger whine gets me everytime. Anyway. I gota best friend (Spenc86 from www.srtforums.com), ive known him for almost 6yrs now. He owns a 2004 Red Dodge Neon SRT4. Its my 'real' first night out with it. We just got done seeing a movie and we decided to go down town and see whats up. So i follow him, and we pass by this club that had just closed. So theres at least 100-200 people standing around this intersection. Of course windows down, music up you know. Just my luck i was in the lane beside Spenc, and all i hear from outside is 'Oh shit, their going' , you know, everyones yelling as if where gonna race. Im fuckin scared shitless. Spenc has been racing way longer than i have. He looks over and hes yells, "You ready?". Fuck no lol, but hey when your up on the line and the intemadation is rolling. Theres no backing down now. Light turns green, he looks back over, smiles and takes off. I let loose the clutch (mind you im shaking), fuck i forgot to gas. Stall. Everyones yelling and laughing. I turn her back on, and just cruise on out. Very very embarrasing.
Thats my story for the night, i hope to get better. I thought i'd share this with you guys. Just a funny story.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Haha (sorry), that is a funny story and you will get better at launching. But hey, I stalled my car when I drove it off the lot after buying it...lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I stalled my car when I took it on a test drive. That was pretty embarrassing with the salesman in the car with me.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
yeah these cars are totally different than most cars to drive (sc vs. low powered na) the ss has a lighweight drive train and and much stiffer clutch than what i'm used to i've killed it a few times on the street when taking off from a stop, and when you hit a speed bump or something else in first gear, make sure you press the clutch if you feel even the least bit of lashback.... you don't wanna damage anything

does anyone know how much our flywheel weighs by chance?

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
I stalled once in my s-10 when the starter was messed up.... :eek:
It was in Christmas traffic at a BUSY stop light... stalled... wouldnt start... lines of cars behind me like WTF are you doing!?!?!?! You wanna talk about embarassing! LOL :rolleyes:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Cool story...

·
Registered
16 Posts
hahaha that sucks.

I like how everyone assumed you were going so you pretty much got forced into it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
is this your first manual?

either way, that just had to suck azz.

·
Registered
122 Posts
back when i had my cavalier i was teaching my buddy to drive a stick, he sat through 2 green lights trying to get it out of first! LOL it was so embarassing cars behind us honking and goign around.. thats my story.. i learned to drive a stick out in the country

·
Registered
25 Posts
Years ago in my then new 95 Z/28 I rolled past the lights when I staged for the first time so I had to reverse. Needless to say I forgot to put it back in drive. Im sure the crowd got quite a laugh watching me blow the tires off in reverse.

·
Banned
65 Posts
Thats what training does for you. You learn to adapt to the stituation, and it becomes a learned action. It's one thing to be able to drive your car by yourself, then to stand up in the heat the real deal competition, and fall on your face. I don't care what it is, if it's competition, your hands should shaking because of the nerves, you are of coarse, laying it out on the line!!!!CHECKERS ANY ONE!!!!I guess it could be worse, you could have met a hot chick, and pulled the 3 pump chump. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts