Cobalts SS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She is currently driving a 02 jetta 1.8t and has had nothing but problems with it as of late. In the past month she has had the tranny, mass airflow sensor, throttle body, and injectors replaced. All under warranty mind you. The dealership has been very lazy and unconcerned with her problems and wont even offer any compensation, or a loaner car for that matter. We went as far as contacting a lawyer. She plans on trading in the jetta for the SS

Anyways... She really likes the SS and is seriously considering buying one. I am a DSM guy, and Im just doing some research to help us out on the way. So far, has there been any major design or engineering flaws? The dsm community has the 7 bolt crankwalk problem, does this car have any major known issues yet? I really dont want to spend the money on a supercharged cavalier. Ide like to hear some owners opinions and experiences. Still hate the idea of FWD, but what are you gunna do.

Hope to hear some good feedback from you guys. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Like I said any info would be great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well shes got a lead foot, that for sure. Does the car have a LSD? What about the tranny. I looked on chevys site and they are talking as if the tranny was bullet proof. Carbon fiber this....steel that....

FWD SUCKS! end of story.
I love AWD :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
i do think they have a LSD option and the tranny from what ive read is tightly built on the SS dunno about the rest but they said the tranny on the ss was very nicely built ill see if i cant get the whole detail on it..

·
Registered
48 Posts
isnt the option the SS/SC called the G85 comes with a LSD and recaro seats?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what would we be looking at in price to get that option? we didn't see that on the Chevy site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
she's just getting tired of the crap. and the warranty runs out real soon and to get an extended one is 1,500.00 then there's the deductible. the one dealership offered her 11,500 for a trade in and she still owes 12k on it so it would only a 500 loss. i dunno she really wants a new car with reliability. she just doesn't trust the jetta any more.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Mvortec24 said:
isnt the option the SS/SC called the G85 comes with a LSD and recaro seats?
Yes that is what everyone is saying that is was. And that option will not show up on the site for some stupid reason.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I am going through the same thing. My wife was looking at them herself. We already have an SRT so she thought it would be dumb to get 2 of them so we are now saving to get a CobaltSS. Most likely end of this year, early next year. Her graduation present. (college not high school :) )
I don't think these cars are going to have many big problems, Chevy is die hard trying to compete with the SRT so there are going to make sure they have most if not all the bugs worked out. Like the SRT it isn't jsut a super/turbo charged version of it counterpart so rest assured there was more "love" put into the high performance versions. I have faith in Dodge and Chevy at the moment, Ford I'm not too sure of. The only thing that makes the Mustang ugly to me is that I see on average of 40+ of them daily.
Sorry to get off subject a bit.

·
Registered
543 Posts
SS-Boyz said:
are u sure its not graduation from high school:p
yeah I am pretty sure, lol she's 28 and has 2 degrees so far and our oldest kid is 7 and she's older than I am....I like 'em a little older but that's a different subject all together. :p

·
Registered
543 Posts
CarsDirect has the option for $1,380
Performance Package :

•Limited-Slip Differential .•Recaro Front Bucket Seats .•Leather-Accented Seat Trim .

on carsdirect.com
cobaltss
+performance package (1380)
+Sunroof (667)
brings the grand total to $23,777

onstar is $639 and XM radio system $299 for other options

1 - 17 of 17 Posts