Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took off the wing, welded up the holes and just got it painted and detailed today. I am very happy with how it turned out.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Don't mind the saturn. It is there for comical relief (or because one of my frineds decided he'd be "funny"). I ended up giving him one of his lugnuts as a gift.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Id suggest you lower it too
the ones ive seen always looked more balanced,
and it just seems like that would perfect it!

but, just an idea....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks VERY nice without the spoiler on the back. Looks so good that I wonder why I'd want a spoiler to begin with.

A drop is almost necessary for -any- GM car product to look good in the ground clearence department. Lets not mention fender-well gap.

P.S. Future 1LT + fogs (maybe spoiler) owner chiming in.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree, lowering it would perfect it, but right now I don't feel like doing it. Last two things I'm going to do for the time is debadge the trunk and either paint or get a billet bow tie for the front.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Love the look of the car without the spoiler particularly because of the SS bodykit. There was a pic up of an '05 LS without the spoiler and the RK Sport bodykit which looked really nice but your SS looks awesome :D. Whoever did the weld and paint job did an amazing job also, you can't even notice where the touch-up was done at all.

Permafried-

·
Registered
51 Posts
How did you get the tint on the back window? Did you do it over the top of the shaded part near the top the rear window? I am afraid if you tint over that, then it will look crappy. Who did you go to? If you don't know what I am talking about, let me know. I am thinking about getting mine tinted.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My location depends on the time of the year becuase of school. in the summer and winter I'm in the detroit area. Mainly Troy, but this summer I have been out in Northville and Milford. Fall and spring I am in Flint. Right now I'm in Northville during the week and Troy on the weekends.

I got my tinting done at Custom Effects. They are located in Rochester Hills. It cost me $170, but it was the first one they had done and they are charging more now. Excellent job besides that top strip you mentioned. I didn't worry about it too much when I left because it hadn't cured yet, but the tint isn't adhesed there very well and you can tell from the outside. Now it isn't terribly noticeable unless you are right on top of the car, but it is still there. I am going to take it back when I get a chance and ask them to fix it because the have a life time warrenty on their work. Expect it to take around 4+ hours.

I have also heard of shops painting that area with a similar paint to what the dots are made of instead of tinting it. You might want to ask whomever does it about doing that.

Thanks for all the great comments. I'm glad I did it even though it cost me more than I thought and I was sporting primer stripes for a few weeks. But the wing got old real quick.

My friend and I did the welding and I had a shop here in detroit finish it up. They did an excellent job and I would recomend them to anyone looking to get repairs done. It looks flawless, you can't tell they only painted the top. They removed any dents they found and detailed the car completely when they were done. All at no extra cost and without me asking. Autometric Collision. They have 7 locations in the Detroit area.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looks very nice and clean. Has me thinking :confused: I have a few bodyshop guys on my payroll I might just put them on a side project :cool:

·
Registered
125 Posts
i kno im gonna get bitched at a lot for this, but it looks alooooooot like fallyn's old cavi z24 w/o the wing, put it back on please

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
foXll17 said:
ouch... put it back on
ihaveamitsubishi said:
I kno im gonna get bitched at a lot for this, but it looks alooooooot like fallyn's old cavi z24 w/o the wing, put it back on please
I know you aren't going to like this, but no thanks. No bitching though, everyone has their own taste and I think wings are ridiculous. Plus I can see out the back window now and my front wheels have more traction ;) haha j/k.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Harley said:
I know you aren't going to like this, but no thanks. No bitching though, everyone has their own taste and I think wings are ridiculous. Plus I can see out the back window now and my front wheels have more traction ;) haha j/k.

Where you live at in southeast MI?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts