Cobalts SS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered my '07 SS 2.4 (n/a) a few weeks back, and the dealer, when going through all the options, said that keyless entry wasn't available on the 2.4SS with the manual tranny, rather, I could only get it with the auto. He acted suprised too when looking the options sheet on his computer. That kinda blows, and maybe his puter or something was whacked out, but I sure do hope my car comes with a key fob. I mean c'mon......I pay $20,000 for a brand new car with a leather interior, sunroof, full pioneer audio system and 10" sub........and don;t even get keyless entry???? wtf????

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
i think he misread it. the manual's don't come with remote start but the autos do. that's probably what he mistook as keyless entry, there are people on here with 2.4ss's and i guarantee they have keyless entry.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
yeah, your saleman is a noob. the auto has the remote start option and manuals don't. i have an 05 2.2l sport pkg and i have keyless. i used to sell chevys, and we would order base models with power locks and keyless.

·
Registered
383 Posts
joedashow said:
That'd be enough to punch a woman in the ovaries.
ROTFLMAO!!!

Yea I have a 2.4 SS it came with the fob. No remote start available but keyless entry is on all of them but the cheap ones, I think. ANY SS will have it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, thats what I figured. I couldn't imagine the SS, being the top of the line package (i'm including both the 2.4 and the S/C to be fair), not having a key fob when my sister's new car she just bought, an '06 Hyundai Accent, has it!!!! I agree on thinking he read the unavailability of remote start on a manual, b/c i've never seen a manual car that has it available. And I definitely don't think he knew anything about the cars he was selling (which is why I pre-planned/pre-picked everything out before ordering it), b/c he kept asking why I didn't want the "turbocharged" model.....uh hello, its supercharged, it has a big freakin SUPERCHARGED badge on it........and he didn't even know they made a 2.4 SS coupe!!!!!! He though that the 2.4SS only came in sedans, and that all the SS coupes were supercharged!!!!! What a doof!!!!

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
yeah, you got a rookie salesman. poor guy. at least he was trying, i mean he got the sale anyway. i prob would have asked for another salesman to help. but, what are you couple more weeks away?

·
Registered
202 Posts
damn that sucks

i just got my 2.4 cobalt ss 2 months ago and it was the last one within a 400 mile radius of elyria ohio were im at. and it came with keyless entry i didnt think that you had the option of getting it without.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Show Off said:
thats gay. they put them damn things in packages so you spend a couple thousand more for your car and they make out better.
what? i thought we came to the conclusion that his salesman was a douche and that the 2.4 ss most definately comes with keyless entry standard...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts