Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so this dude that i work with, he bought a scion tc the same time i bought my cobalt, so now he was talking about racing me and i kept saying no cause it was a waste. then i found out from another guy today that he put a 60 shot on his car. he didn't want to tell me about this. i'm gonna go run him as soon as we can set something up, in hopes that he blows his car up and i get to be there when it happens. honestly, i think it might be a good race, cause hw would be up there around our power. 170hp +60 hp = 230 so he might get me cause the nos is pretty much instant power, unlike our stock setups.

anyone else have any thoughts on comparison?

(i still don't know why someone would put nos on a car less than two months old)

·
Registered
306 Posts
It's Fun...That's Why

(i still don't know why someone would put nos on a car less than two months old)[/QUOTE]

Hey, I broke mine in first...hehe...no offense taken...mine wasn't even built 2 months ago... :eek:

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
NAAAAAWWWWWWWWWZZZZZZ~!!!~!~~!~

It's called Nitrous, my friend :D .... unless it's N.O.S.

Anyway, let us know....

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
:D

Well then it's kool....

..you'd be surprised how some people only know it as nawz, lol...

Well, I'm gonna be honest, if he's putting down pretty much the same as you, I think it will be a driver's race....

Good luck, let us know!!!!

ps: when will this happen?

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
selfinfliction said:
not sure, i'll try to get a video of it though. i'm just doing it to see if i can get him to blow up his engine :D
What makes you think he will blow up his engine????? 2.4l with 9.6:1 compression making 160hp... that thing is begging for nitrous and/or boost.

·
Registered
945 Posts
wasey13 said:
What makes you think he will blow up his engine????? 2.4l with 9.6:1 compression making 160hp... that thing is begging for nitrous and/or boost.

Thats true, but i have seen a vid of a Eclipse who blew his nitrous to early and shot the piston through the block, so if the guy hes talking about racing happens to make a error in judgement when to use his nitrous something like that could happen. But that just from what i know so take it how you want.

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
selfinfliction said:
ok so this dude that i work with, he bought a scion tc the same time i bought my cobalt, so now he was talking about racing me and i kept saying no cause it was a waste. then i found out from another guy today that he put a 60 shot on his car. he didn't want to tell me about this. i'm gonna go run him as soon as we can set something up, in hopes that he blows his car up and i get to be there when it happens. honestly, i think it might be a good race, cause hw would be up there around our power. 170hp +60 hp = 230 so he might get me cause the nos is pretty much instant power, unlike our stock setups.

anyone else have any thoughts on comparison?

(i still don't know why someone would put nos on a car less than two months old)

You hope he blows up eh? Hell, I hope he outruns you!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LittleMT said:
You hope he blows up eh? Hell, I hope he outruns you!

no worries, if he outruns me i'll just blame it on the nitrous, like people blame me beating them on the blower. :D

lol if he beats me, he wins fair and square, cause he's more of a man than me running nos on a new car lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Alex said:
Thats true, but i have seen a vid of a Eclipse who blew his nitrous to early and shot the piston through the block, so if the guy hes talking about racing happens to make a error in judgement when to use his nitrous something like that could happen. But that just from what i know so take it how you want.
He desereved it if he hooked it up to operate manually.
Always use a boost switch, TPS signal, or throttle switch.

On Topic.:Sounds like it will be a fun run.

"amatures don't use nitrous....your blow yourself to pieces" :D

·
Banned
8 Posts
selfinfliction said:
he actually has a nos setup, even if he didn't i'd still call it nos... it's all the same, just a different name :D
Nos is not a different name for nitrous, N.O.S. is a brand name. Quit watching the Fast and the Furious.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the concern, but if you read my previous post it clearly states, he actually has NOS i don't care what brand it is.. i'm going to call them all nos.

you ever went to a fast food joint and asked for a coke when they only serve pepsi? same principal

·
Banned
5 Posts
selfinfliction said:
thanks for the concern, but if you read my previous post it clearly states, he actually has NOS i don't care what brand it is.. i'm going to call them all nos.

you ever went to a fast food joint and asked for a coke when they only serve pepsi? same principal
That isn't the same principle, it's like going to the fast food resteraunt and asking for a soda, but saying pepsi.

·
Registered
162 Posts
00blackSS said:
Nos is not a different name for nitrous, N.O.S. is a brand name. Quit watching the Fast and the Furious.
Thanks for making me feel old today. Asking for NOS is shorthand for 'new-old stock', i.e. factory parts warehoused after production ends instead of using knock-off parts from some overseas craphole. Has been that way forever and will probably continue long after we are all in the grave.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
00blackss2 said:
That isn't the same principle, it's like going to the fast food resteraunt and asking for a soda, but saying pepsi.

who cares guy. jesus this is one of the stupidest arguments taking place i have ever been part of.

·
Registered
24 Posts
How about you all just call it cheater-gas and we can all be happy.

--Bottles are for babies... real men get blown--

1 - 20 of 24 Posts