Cobalts SS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have just recently purchased a new Cobalt SS (Arival Blue, Sunroof, XM, etc) last week, and recently ( I dont know if it did this the day I got it or not) after driving the car and parking and turning the car off I can hear ticking noises which sound like they are coming from the exhaust and they last for about a minute or so after the car has been turned off, and I was wondering if anyone else who has the 2.0 L Cobalt SS has had this "problem" and if its normal or not... should I take it back to the dealer? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks everyone!

-Joe

·
Registered
492 Posts
That sound is just something in the exhaust, someone on redlineforums was told that it was for one of the sensors around the cat (not sure if the one before or after the cat). We have had a few discussions on this, but it seems to be a normal sound. I would say don't worry bout it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
My redline does it as well, I always attributed it to expanding and contracting metals the exhaust is made of. Its nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yep same here, no worries, just means your car loves you!

·
Registered
261 Posts
The SS and RL have several heat shields, 1 I have noticed is on the exhaust manifold and another around the converter. The ticking I hear sounds like heat dissappation!?!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just wanted to thank you guys for responding, I was worried at first, and had planned on taking it into the dealership however because of your guys help I know its normal, thanks again guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts