Cobalts SS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok there's a nail that has punctured my tire its a slow leak I just noticed it tonight when I got out of my car and heard the air escaping because it was raining tonight as usual for this town. Do any of you know how this can be fixed or patched up or whatever?? Or is a brand new tire in order? It looks like a very small nail the head looks kind of like a nail you would use to hang pictures and such on your wall.
Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Edit: My friend just told me to bring it to a shop and they'll seal it up for me hmm I think I might try that tomorrow he said it costed him $5 when he had a nail in his tire.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
you can get it sealed, though getting a new tire is of course the better route of the two.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeeees that would be the better thing to do, I will just get it sealed for now and wait until my financial situation allows me to purchase a new tire :D

·
Registered
385 Posts
Last time I was in the dealer they noticed my one tire was low and then found a screw in it. Less than $10 later and about 4 months and I haven't had anymore trouble. Given a new tire would be better, but I still wouldn't waste the money on it until I decided to upgrade tires.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
yea i got a puncture in one of the tires on my truck and got it plugged. the plug lasted for a couple months before i developed a slow leak and replaced the tires. i guess it's different with a 6600 lb truck though...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
get it sealed and patched from the inside, its the only way to keep your speed rating. the hole cant be too big tho, if it is youve lost the rating. i somehow managed to embed 2 razorblades entirely into my goodyears :)

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
kelleyperformance said:
get it sealed and patched from the inside, its the only way to keep your speed rating. the hole cant be too big tho, if it is youve lost the rating. i somehow managed to embed 2 razorblades entirely into my goodyears :)
your truck is emo.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL iso that pwnz
yea I just got it sealed I dropped it off at a shop on my lunch break during work and picked it up when I was off. It's good to go :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts