Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there have been many many threads about tires, but I can't find any of them. I will need new tires soon and would like some good tires for less than 300 dollars. do such things exist? Also, what sizes fit the stock ss/sc rim. 215/45-18 is stock.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you are looking for a complete set of tires under $300 that is not going to happen. If you are looking to 300 a piece then that can be easily accomplished. Go to www.tirerack.com To get a good set of tires you can count on $700-$1000+. That is the downside to low profle performance tires

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
700 is really fucking steep for a college student who has to pay for the car by himself. I'm not one of these 20 year olds where daddy pays for the nice car. I pay this shit, and gas, and my cell phone. Not to mention 300 dollar rent plus utilities. 700 dollars won't be possible. Any chance of 400-500?

·
Registered
174 Posts
700 is really fucking steep for a college student who has to pay for the car by himself. I'm not one of these 20 year olds where daddy pays for the nice car. I pay this shit, and gas, and my cell phone. Not to mention 300 dollar rent plus utilities. 700 dollars won't be possible. Any chance of 400-500?
I'm in the same boat, it bites.

You might be able to find a deal if you call around and talk to some local shops. I have a friend who works at Firestone and they had 2 nitto 555's that had been sitting for some time in my size. They wanted $50 each just to get rid of them. So then just buy 2 more at full price and have my friend mount them. The sad part was, I was 10 min. to late to get them! :mad:

·
Registered
237 Posts
If you are looking for a complete set of tires under $300 that is not going to happen. If you are looking to 300 a piece then that can be easily accomplished. Go to www.tirerack.com To get a good set of tires you can count on $700-$1000+. That is the downside to low profle performance tires
Sorry but thats right 700 -1000 is the price for tires plus u have an 18 rim do u seriuosly think u canget a brand new set of 4 for less than 500 :eek: and if u can let me know so i can get some also

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
what show off is trying to say is that wally world sells Maypop tires! lol

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Heck, try ebay, or someone on here that wants to get some other tires than stock. I've seen a thread or two from people wanting to sell tires.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
seoulgirl7, whats up?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
That's just how it is. Tires for the stock wheels are expensive. You'll just have to save up for them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
answer

if u want tires cheap buy a cheap car.... tires for the bolts arnt cheap but i am runnin a 245/40/18 no rubbin stock height and runnin kumho spt... great grip and about 100 bucks a pop.... at www.kentowery.com if ur car is lowered cant run bigger than a 225/45/18 still bout 80 bucks each...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Glad to see your assumption about me, here's the truth.

(1) I am 23 years old.
(2) I have been living on my own since I was 18
(3) I have not relied on my parents for anything since I moved out.
(4) I have had a job since I was 14
(5) I manage a paint and body shop and am pretty familiar with price of tires and any other auto part.

Do not be mad at me because you did not research how much it would cost to maintain the car before you bought it. Nor should you get upset with me because I told you the truth about the cost of your tires and plenty of people are backing me up.

Just remember that you get what you pay for, so if you buy cheap tires do not complain that they don't grip well or that they wore out after 5000 miles.

By the way, a real man who supports himself does not even count gas for his car a bill. We have to focus on things like electric, mortgage, insurance, cable, credit cards etc...

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad to see your assumption about me, here's the truth.

(1) I am 23 years old.
(2) I have been living on my own since I was 18
(3) I have not relied on my parents for anything since I moved out.
(4) I have had a job since I was 14
(5) I manage a paint and body shop and am pretty familiar with price of tires and any other auto part.

Do not be mad at me because you did not research how much it would cost to maintain the car before you bought it. Nor should you get upset with me because I told you the truth about the cost of your tires and plenty of people are backing me up.

Just remember that you get what you pay for, so if you buy cheap tires do not complain that they don't grip well or that they wore out after 5000 miles.

By the way, a real man who supports himself does not even count gas for his car a bill. We have to focus on things like electric, mortgage, insurance, cable, credit cards etc...
Hey man, chill out. You sound insecure. I didn't make an assumption about anyone. I simply said that I pay for my car. A lot of college students don't pay for their cars, and many don't have jobs. My point wasn't that I am more responsible than anyone, my point was I desperately would like to know how cheap I can get decent tires because I have more to worry about than $700 dollar tires. I don't even need tires yet, I just hit 8k miles. Its just a thread man....try not to get too upset.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey man, chill out. You sound insecure. I didn't make an assumption about anyone. I simply said that I pay for my car. A lot of college students don't pay for their cars, and many don't have jobs. My point wasn't that I am more responsible than anyone, my point was I desperately would like to know how cheap I can get decent tires because I have more to worry about than $700 dollar tires. I don't even need tires yet, I just hit 8k miles. Its just a thread man....try not to get too upset.
Well then I apologize for blowing up. I just took what you said as if you were saying that I don't pay for my own stuff and that strikes a chord with me. If you don't need tires yet, then I would seriously start saving up every month so that when the time comes, you will be prepared.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i very much agree with that statement.

jwolf, you probly put regular in your car too right? :rolleyes:

WHAT?! We're not suppose to use regular???!!!!!!! lol, yes iso, I use premium. I have a stage 2 kit and that is strictly premium.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts