Cobalts SS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have my car in the shop one to many times!!. At this point I will never buy a Chevy again or maybe not buy a first year car. These are the things what they have replaced in my car so far and it only has 16,000 miles on it and its a 2005.

1. A/C was over charged and to to re-charge it.
2. Fuss boxes went out two times no joke.
3. Inside door handled broke off diver side.
4. Lock nob driver side broke off.
5. Had to replace stick shifter to a 2006 because it wont go in gear.
6. Head lights went out each one.
7. Check engine light came on 4 times.
8. Had to replace coolant tank.
9. New cadillac converter.
10. About the check engine light coming on 4 times when I bring it in they say they have to update something on my car?? You got me??

This is no joke this is what I've had to deal with and I am really not to happy to Chevy!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have my car in the shop one to many times!!. At this point I will never buy a Chevy again or maybe not buy a first year car. These are the things what they have replaced in my car so far and it only has 16,000 miles on it and its a 2005.

1. A/C was over charged and to to re-charge it.
2. Fuss boxes went out two times no joke.
3. Inside door handled broke off diver side.
4. Lock nob driver side broke off.
5. Had to replace stick shifter to a 2006 because it wont go in gear.
6. Head lights went out each one.
7. Check engine light came on 4 times.
8. Had to replace coolant tank.
9. New cadillac converter.
10. About the check engine light coming on 4 times when I bring it in they say they have to update something on my car?? You got me??

This is no joke this is what I've had to deal with and I am really not to happy to Chevy!
honestly, you are the first person i have ever heard of breaking the door handles and locks, never heard of an entire fuse box "going out." The cat, and check engine lights are fairly normal with performance cars... if you wanted a problem/issue free automobile you shouldnt have baught a "sports car" especially a forced induction car... issues come with the territory man. Sounds like the "update" they are telling you about is a PCM re-flash, but why would they tell you about it and not do it? have you asked them what code the car is throwing that is causing the CEL?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
honestly, you are the first person i have ever heard of breaking the door handles and locks, never heard of an entire fuse box "going out." The cat, and check engine lights are fairly normal with performance cars... if you wanted a problem/issue free automobile you shouldnt have baught a "sports car" especially a forced induction car... issues come with the territory man. Sounds like the "update" they are telling you about is a PCM re-flash, but why would they tell you about it and not do it? have you asked them what code the car is throwing that is causing the CEL?
I have all the slips that they mailed me?. About the code good question I'll have to ask them about that thanks. And about the fact that you said I shouldnt of bought a "sports car" especially a forced induction car. I have buddies that have SS and they haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
784 Posts
dude there is a thing called lemon law pursue it

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
one of the guy where i work got a base model balt and had major problems w/ it and they ended up giving him a new balt
lots of paperwork for the buyback

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
the automatic trans shifter locked up and burned some wires
\and then two weeks later more wires were burned for the taillights
they put like 2 or 3 wiring harnesses in it

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have all the slips that they mailed me?. About the code good question I'll have to ask them about that thanks. And about the fact that you said I shouldnt of bought a "sports car" especially a forced induction car. I have buddies that have SS and they haven't had any problems.
im sure there are tons of problem free SS's out there, i have an 04 IRL and havnt had any real big problems with it other than my intercooler wiring being reversed and the pump finally gave out at 41000 miles, and its moderatly modded. I believe there are certain criteria you have to meet before the lemmon law can be applied though, somthing about how much time the car has spent in the shop in the x amount of time you have owned it, not sure of the specifics. good luck with it though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts