Cobalts SS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i'll preface this by saying jon is getting smoothered with calls and emails, and it's actually slowing them down so please guys lighten up on contacting them a bit so they can get all the work done.

here's what's happening:

they have the R&D header completed. it will be an estimated 4-6 weeks before they get a production header in their hands for testing. then they will be coating the header. after that they will be running a dyno on the test car. they will install the header, run the car for a few hundred miles so the computer adjusts properly, then re-dyno the car to get the numbers. so it's a few weeks out, but this wait will be well worth it.

the specs he has so far:

the pipes will be 1 3/4" going into a 3" collector. it will also have a 1/2" exhaust flange (which is pretty damn big compared to others :) ) and it will NOT be a 4-2-1, there is not enough room. IT IS GOING TO USE THE STOCK MANIFOLD GASKET... YAY he is looking at the output side of the hi-flow cat to be offered in optional sizes

so that's the info he has at the moment, so spread it around and let everyone know there will be no more updates for atleast 4 weeks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
So good, and yet so bad. Sounds awesome :) , but sounds like it's gonna be into mid-September before anyone gets one. Summer's over :(

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
87camaroPA said:
Yeah but there has to testing done to see if there are any problems that may occur with the header.

yeah appearently they are big on the testing. he told me straight up that they weren't going to dyno the header until the test vehicle had atleast a couple hundred miles on it... the numbers we get from this, will be real numbers and he said that he doesn't even have to put it on a dyno to know that it's going to be a pretty big number :) ... can't wait to see what it actually is

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah I hear ya. Still sucks for us guys that get winter, though. I'll get a nice new header installed just in time for it to dump snow all over me. :mad: I hate all you pricks with no snow. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts