Cobalts SS banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do you prefer out of these 2 drifting movies? Tokyo Drift or the live action Initial D movie. I'm going with Initial D that movie just kicks a lotta ass. May not be in english and I don't mind reading subtitles so it rips!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CoBIZZLE said:
Never seen Initial D... did it come out here? or what?
Ahhh I don't know about in theatres, most likely not....I dunno if the DVD is available over here either, I got mine off eBay

·
Registered
382 Posts
there's an initial D movie now?!?! wow, i'm getting behind. all i have are the 'Stages'--different seasons on vhs, ripped from dvd. can be found at tokyopop.com i believe.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
xravenwingsx said:
there's an initial D movie now?!?! wow, i'm getting behind. all i have are the 'Stages'--different seasons on vhs, ripped from dvd. can be found at tokyopop.com i believe.
Yes there is an Initial D movie, and its ALL real drifting, the only CG parts is stuff that obviously could not be done for real, well it could have but would have been expensive. ravenwings you should definitely try to get your hands on the movie!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CoBIZZLE said:
Sooooo.. they have a series too?!?!
Yes the Initial D series is animated. Its still pretty decent, but the movie just kicks ass because all the drifting was all for real.

·
Registered
765 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
Sooooo.. they have a series too?!?!
Its the original cartoon (was on TV in Japan).... You can get it as Best Buy... Be warned though they are $15 each and there are 15 videos...

All of them are in english and have had the video redone. It is pretty cool!! :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Initial D the Anime gets really good in Stage 4 Project D. but the movie is bad ass. Even though Initial D was Dubbed I prefer it over Fast and the Furious any day. Don't get me wrong I thought Tokyo Drift was the best Fast and Furious so far.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
TheToolmaker said:
Its the original cartoon (was on TV in Japan).... You can get it as Best Buy... Be warned though they are $15 each and there are 15 videos...

All of them are in english and have had the video redone. It is pretty cool!! :)
$15 for a non Best Buy Employee!!! WINK WINK!!! ;) :D :p

Store number 853!!! I'll check on it next time at work!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hollywood Video also has the series dvd for rent, usually just the first few discs though... :( :rolleyes:

·
Registered
765 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
$15 for a non Best Buy Employee!!! WINK WINK!!! ;) :D :p

Store number 853!!! I'll check on it next time at work!
CHEATER!!! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts