Cobalts SS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

To make a long story short, we're searching the internet for some the best automotive forums and want to know what they think about this article.

http://www.tunertalk.net/home/2007/1/5/tunertalks-top-three-article-1-the-nineties.html

We've gotten some very positive results from the guys over at vwvortex and honda-tech and was wondering what the Cobalt community thought about it. Please feel free to comment or criticize about ANYTHING! Thanks for taking the time to read this. We hope you find our opinions informative and fun to read!

*mods: if you feel that this thread is inappropriate to the forum, please feel free to move or delete. thank you so much

·
Registered
7 Posts
in my opinion your list is a little backwards civics for the mods you list spend the same amount on all of the cars not 2 grand on a honda do the same upgrades on the other 2 cars and the 240 would by far be the best car if stock for stock it would be close between the 240 and the eclipse the honda is not even close to being in the same category as the other 2 cars change the honda to the integra type r and you would have an artical not to bad but not that great for the "winning" car

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you bring up some good points. However we were looking for budget friendly cars and the type-r is just too expensive even at today's used market.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I didn't read the list, but w/o a doubt, I think the top 3 sport compact cars of the 90's are 1. First gen DSMs (GSX/TSi).........awd.....turbo....legendary 4G63....and very under the radar. Very cheap nowadays too, if you can find one. 2. First gen Miata......lightweight, responsive, and its always fun to beat someone on a road course in a "girls" car. And like the DSM, you can get one for next to nothing nowdays....plus, the F20 S2000 engine now has a swap kit for this car! 3. 3rd Gen RX-7.....13B-T, sexyiest curves this side of a Ferrari, 9,000rpm redline and endless mod possibilities.....only its high price hinders it from taking my 1st or 2nd place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts