Cobalts SS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not too sure where to post this so I'm gonna throw it in the General Section.

Here is a pic of the Top Speed of the Auto Tranny.

Enjoy

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
RedBaseBolt said:
Not too sure where to post this so I'm gonna throw it in the General Section.

Here is a pic of the Top Speed of the Auto Tranny.

Enjoy

Stupid backwards Canadian gauges. I thought it said 200mph at first. :p

·
Registered
251 Posts
Strange, people have been saying they haven't gotten their non-ss models above 170...was it the governor kicking in or was it just drag on the car? Oh ya, btw, thanks for checking this for me so I don't have to take a chance at getting a ticket :D!

Permafried-

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem, I did that run at night and had 2 spotters to make sure everything was safe. It was bouncing off the limiter at that point.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Perma it is a good thing you don't have a supercharge cause it is real easy to get to 120. I've done it on accident.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Harley said:
Perma it is a good thing you don't have a supercharge cause it is real easy to get to 120. I've done it on accident.
Ya even though I'm considering going with F/I the thought of it scares me lol :D. I was racing my friend last nite in his Civic SI (SIR in Canada) and at one point we both hit 140km/h without even realising it...that was it for the nite we called it quits :eek:! Always nice to have fun time and again but I gotta start watching my heavy foot :eek:.

EDIT:

Oh ya, btw RedBaseBolt, I finally got that information up for you on the .net forums for the transmission work you posted about a few days ago. Sorry off topic just wanted to make sure you found it :).

Permafried-

·
Registered
7 Posts
Permafried- said:
Strange, people have been saying they haven't gotten their non-ss models above 170...was it the governor kicking in or was it just drag on the car? Oh ya, btw, thanks for checking this for me so I don't have to take a chance at getting a ticket :D!

Permafried-

The '05 non-sc LS/LT models tops out at 120mph. :(

·
Registered
251 Posts
maleficient said:
The '05 non-sc LS/LT models tops out at 120mph. :(
That's more than fast enough for me, I can't think of any reason I need to be doing speeds like that except for trying to push the car to it and see what happens :D. I don't think my foot ever gets quite THAT heavy.

krzykarl said:
looks over 120.. but not by much.. hard to read the backwards gauges..
Looks to me like 121/122 tops, you get used to reading them especially the amount we've driven down to FL in the winter when I helped out with the driving (yay for the I-75 :D).

Nothing quite compares as to what happened to me on a car with a digital readout which I set to miles while I was over in Port Huron (helped my grandma do some of the driving one afternoon 'cause she wanted to go there for the day and can't do all the driving herself). Icouldn't figure out why I was passing all the cars on the 401 after I crossed at Port Huron back into Canada...good thing I was doing 100mph and not 100km/h :eek:...flip that setting lol. God damn that car could really move :D.

Permafried-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts