Cobalts SS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i no my SS only has 1500 miles but im wondering if this weird clicking noise after i shut it off is normal also the tranny smells like burning and i dont abuse it at all anyone else have this problem is it bracking in maybe?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have heard the clicking sound but then again I have heard that sound on almost every chevy I have had. As for the tranny I have not smelled anything yet

·
Registered
57 Posts
the clicking is actually your car cooling down. i dunno what exactly is cooling down but thats what i was told. and the burning, yea i have the same thing. i think it might be my clutch. we are prob riding it coming from a stop.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what do u mean riding it form a stop applying it to much when we go to take off again i always try to do it smoothly so i use it is that too much?

·
Registered
498 Posts
The car is new.. the burning smell is probably your new plastic and rubber pieces heating up. Most new cars have that smell. It's beautiful!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Capone357 said:
Hey everyone i no my SS only has 1500 miles but im wondering if this weird clicking noise after i shut it off is normal also the tranny smells like burning and i dont abuse it at all anyone else have this problem is it bracking in maybe?
I think the ticking you're hearing is the heatshields dissappating the heat!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
The clicking sound is from your catalytic converter cooling off. Don't know what the burning smell is, though, not with 1500 miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts