Cobalts SS banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
It depends if you are talking about the supercharged one or not...

But for 2005, it's manual only for the SS/SC, thank goodness.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
The 2006 Cobalt SS will be available with the 2.0L S/C engine w/ a 5spd and coupe only, and a 2.4L all motor engine will be offered in 2 or 4 door with a manual or an automatic tranny.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Theres your answer. Mind me asking why you would want a performance car with an automatic? I am by NO means poking fun or talking down. Just asking is all.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
I dont like autos either but some people swear by them.
Yeah i know there are people i know who are like that but i just let them be and like me i still cant drive a manual very well but i am learning ad i am makeing an effort to learn and not being lazy. But each to there own. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
:confused: attn: ss drivers With manual trani, does anyone notice a noise when shifting from 1st to 2nd and then to 3rd. I mean put ur windows up and drive down a quiet street. :confused: undefined

·
Registered
2 Posts
I drove a Red LIne, and noticed a noisy gear/ light grinding type of noise, when let up on the gas while the car was engine braking, or coasting in gear @ any speed, also when you press the gas in slowly you would notice it again, I asked the salesman if it was normal, and he hadn't even noticed it before.... funny thing, can't notice when under a med to heavy load, and while in neutral. Release bearing maybe? The second red Line I drove I did not notice it, but it was hot out, and I had the windows open, so you would not hear anything anyway... I'm currious as well if anyone out there has an explanation of what this might be.

·
Registered
695 Posts
mbrody87 said:
Can the Cobalt SS be special ordered with an automatic transmission? Thanks.
nope...only standard

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
foXll17 said:
nope...only standard
Yes it can! The SS S/C cant be ordered w/ an auto but the regular SS WILL be offered with the auto, and the only SS you can order now is an 06, so yes it can be ordered with an auto tranny.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts