Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did anyone ever find out why that evil little monkey keeps knocking at my trunk 3 times??????
the more i think about it, i think its the fuel system. maybe the fuel pump or the return line building pressure?????

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i looked for over an hour and cant find anything, but its getting to the point where i want to know what it is, before the cops think that there is someone in there!

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Does it do it when you stop also?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
ive heard it a couple of times but not enough to be able to find it and compare what the car is doing at the same time

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Honestly, mine does it too, but it also does it when you first fire it up in the morn. I think that its just cold natured like mine.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Funny story-- I have the same noise coming from my trunk area so as you guys may know you kind of get used to it. Anyway, I was pulling out of this parking space when i heard the knocking noise. I completely ignored it thinking it was the "Evil monkey" in my trunk when really it was my friend that I had almost ran over :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Funny story-- I have the same noise coming from my trunk area so as you guys may know you kind of get used to it. Anyway, I was pulling out of this parking space when i heard the knocking noise. I completely ignored it thinking it was the "Evil monkey" in my trunk when really it was my friend that I had almost ran over :rolleyes:

lol, omg................

·
Registered
478 Posts
omg guys, its NOTHING

its the EVAP system venting itself, when the purge solenoid opens for a burst to vent it makes that "knocking noise"

dont worry about it...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts