Cobalts SS banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my cobalt about a month ago.. the trunk release inside the car dosnt work, nor does the button on my keychain, am i missing something here? or is my trunk just not functoining
:confused:

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
blink30056 said:
i bought my cobalt about a month ago.. the trunk release inside the car dosnt work, nor does the button on my keychain, am i missing something here? or is my trunk just not functoining

Is there a button in your glove box that says, "trunk release ON/OFF"? Or did you try opening the trunk with the car on?

Don't take these as insults... I worked at a stereo shop and had people come in saying there back speakers don't work, because they had there fade turned all the way to the front. So if the above reasons are the whys...heres your sign. :D :p

·
Registered
297 Posts
wasey13 said:
Is there a button in your glove box that says, "trunk release ON/OFF"? Or did you try opening the trunk with the car on?

Don't take these as insults... I worked at a stereo shop and had people come in saying there back speakers don't work, because they had there fade turned all the way to the front. So if the above reasons are the whys...heres your sign. :D :p
On the SS there is a compartment to the left of the steering wheel, and the remote trunk release is in there..

·
Registered
15 Posts
is there possibly a lock switch inside your trunk to prevent it from working? I know when i had my 99 grand am 2door it had a switch in trunk to prevent you to use the remote & button inside car

·
Registered
137 Posts
blink30056 said:
The Balts trunk release is controlled by the BCM, so if BOTH the key fob AND the button on the dash DO NOT release the hatch, first check to see if the TRUNK RELEASE relay in the underhood fuseblock *clicks* when the button is pressed. While you're there you might as well check the 20A TRUNK/OUTLET fuse. Let us know what you find.
HTH
WopOnTour

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wopontour.. im not too sure what your talking about.. there is no click when i push the trunk realise button on my keychain.. its just being stubborn!

-- there is no button in the glove box or trunk for trunk realise either..

·
Registered
34 Posts
The trunk release button he's talking about is in the little compartment to the lower-left of the steering wheel(took me a few days to find it too :))

Oldbenwa

·
Registered
137 Posts
blink30056 said:
wopontour.. im not too sure what your talking about.. there is no click when i push the trunk realise button on my keychain.. its just being stubborn!

-- there is no button in the glove box or trunk for trunk realise either..
Yea, it's hiding in what they call the driver's storage compartment (on the LH side of wheel). You'll have to remove the cover off the fuseblock under the hood and listen pretty closely as it's pretty quiet. You might even have to put your hands on the relay (use the label on the cover to find the riht one) to feel it *clicking* as repeatedly you press the button on your remote.
If you just dont want to mess with it, just take it into your dealer.
WopOnTour

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check the accesory outlet with something, a cell phone charger will do, if it does not work, it is the 20 amp fuse under the hood. Check the diagram, but it is If you are standing at the front of the car in the uper left corner, it has I think two empty slots before the 20 amp, yellow fuse. I will bet that is the problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THATS WHAT IT IS .. cuz that outlet hanst worked since i bought the car.. so i need a new 20 amp fuse.. looks like i need to make a trip to the dealer.. thanks guys for all ur advice

blink--

1 - 14 of 14 Posts