Cobalts SS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i was originally going with hahns 20G but decided togo with the Borge Warner S259 turbo kit its honestly all i really need for a daily driver 440whp but my question is will i still have the no lift shift and if i do is it still as safe as doing it as now with the stock turbo? what ya think

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
Yea you can..... But at some point your going to mess up your trans. You have to think when GM added the NLS, the car only had 260, then adding another 200hp to that will put alot of strain on both your Engine and Trany. If it were me i would build the bottom end before pushing that much power, you will get away with 440 for a bit, but your not going to have a dependable dd. Just my 2 cent

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea you can..... But at some point your going to mess up your trans. You have to think when GM added the NLS, the car only had 260, then adding another 200hp to that will put alot of strain on both your Engine and Trany. If it were me i would build the bottom end before pushing that much power, you will get away with 440 for a bit, but your not going to have a dependable dd. Just my 2 cent
hmm then tranny might be next after the kit goes on looks like no no lift shifting till the summer after this lol

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
You know Hahn reasleased there 20G yesterday. they put down 457hp at 26psi. And its a bolt on.

I was going to wait til the EFR turbo came out but i think i may just go with the 20g. i know its old tech, but for only $1200 and its out now, comparded to the ERF thats $1999. or the 252 which is a good turbo but you have to think that all you have to buy for that kit and how much its going to cost, hell just the down pipe for that turbo is $400

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know Hahn reasleased there 20G yesterday. they put down 457hp at 26psi. And its a bolt on.

I was going to wait til the EFR turbo came out but i think i may just go with the 20g. i know its old tech, but for only $1200 and its out now, comparded to the ERF thats $1999. or the 252 which is a good turbo but you have to think that all you have to buy for that kit and how much its going to cost, hell just the down pipe for that turbo is $400
yea i saw it lol i placed me order for the 20G especially for the price and i dont have to change one thing so its the way to go and this is deff a better financial way to go its thousands less for only 20 whp less haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts