Cobalts SS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was wondering if the turbo in that gm book would work in an ss sc..and where can you get a turbo for a ss..

·
Registered
14 Posts
wait to see how psi fis twin charge kit comes out.. should be ready soon.. their putting a turbo on top of the s/c lookin for about 450 hp.. i hope

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Boosted ion said:
wait to see how psi fis twin charge kit comes out.. should be ready soon.. their putting a turbo on top of the s/c lookin for about 450 hp.. i hope
if i'm not mistaken the hp numbers are closer to 300, and psi-fi shouldn't be finished with it for a while.

·
Registered
14 Posts
iso said:
if i'm not mistaken the hp numbers are closer to 300, and psi-fi shouldn't be finished with it for a while.
accordin to mark he posted on the redline forums they were expectiong 400-450 hp.. and hes in the tuning stages now.. last i heard from him on that.. when they were doing the final testing on the pulley kit is when they first started tuning on the twincharge.. i could be wrong.. happens to the bes of us

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Boosted ion said:
accordin to mark he posted on the redline forums they were expectiong 400-450 hp.. and hes in the tuning stages now.. last i heard from him on that.. when they were doing the final testing on the pulley kit is when they first started tuning on the twincharge.. i could be wrong.. happens to the bes of us
yea, i only post on here and once in a while i check the .net forum when it's slow and i'm bored. but last post about the psi-fi twincharge kit said that it would be around 300 hp and wouldn't be out for a while. that was a month ago about i think, so it could very well have changed. christ, though, if it was 400-450 hp then screw gm, and hello twin charge!

·
Registered
492 Posts
I believe the numbers that were acually thrown out by PSI-Fi and not some random rumors were they were shooting for somewhere in the 350WHP range.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
that's what i figured... 300-350ish to the wheels. that would be so friggin sweet.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Here's the latest news update on the Cobalt turbo kit from Hahn Racecraft for the 2.2L Ecotec. Also, they just released their kit for the Cavalier and Sunfire so should give you an idea of what to expect out of the Cobalt version :D. There is mention in there of the SS/SC so looks like you might have something to look forward to from them...looks like they have a lot of plans for the car.

As well, while on the topic of Turbos, Maximum Boost has released their stage 1 kit for the 2.2L (sorry I know this thread is SS/SC) so it looks like vendors are starting to push more out the door on a more regular basis :).

Permafried-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts