Cobalts SS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Im trying to figure how to replace my turn signal on my 06 ss s/c, i cant find any how to guides and i dont want to take it to a dealer. If anyone can help that would be greatly appriciated:D

·
Registered
718 Posts
What do you mean replace it...just the bulb?

and btw i saw this in the 'how to' forum and the title being "turn signal" i rlly wanted to just come in and post

Just hit the lever on the left accordingly:
Up for right...
Down for left...

·
Registered
784 Posts
un bolt the head light and unscrew the light from the back. damn dude if you need help changing a turn signal light i dont think you should drive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol its not that i dont know how to i just dont know where to start. my z28 was alot easier to work behind the headlight assembly but this lil car looks like a pain in the butt! not to mention i just got the car last week, thank for the help though guys

·
Registered
97 Posts
That kinda sucks man, you just got the car last week, and ur turn signal already went out? But hey it's cool, just do like suprchrged said, minus the whole not driving thing and you'll be set.

·
Registered
818 Posts
it does suck...I've found you need to remove the two bolts holding in the headlight then remove the push pins that keep the grill in place to get the headlight out without scratching the bumper. You need to pull out slightly on the light, then push the bumper down, then go outward with the light. It'll make sense when you do it.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Are you replacing the bulb because it is burnt out??? Or putting a different color???

If the former, are you sure it's not a relay???

·
Registered
784 Posts
lol its not that i dont know how to i just dont know where to start. my z28 was alot easier to work behind the headlight assembly but this lil car looks like a pain in the butt! not to mention i just got the car last week, thank for the help though guys
Im just pulling your leg man, but you have to unbolt the two scews on the heasdlight and at least slide it out to do anything.

·
Registered
718 Posts
the headlight is not very cooperative when you're trying to take it out, at least mine wasnt. Its a pain in the ass to actually take the housing out. You have to find the exact right angle (once you unscrew everything) and pull out and it comes out. Mine was annoying.

·
Registered
818 Posts
it does suck...I've found you need to remove the two bolts holding in the headlight then remove the push pins that keep the grill in place to get the headlight out without scratching the bumper. You need to pull out slightly on the light, then push the bumper down, then go outward with the light. It'll make sense when you do it.
the headlight is not very cooperative when you're trying to take it out, at least mine wasnt. Its a pain in the ass to actually take the housing out. You have to find the exact right angle (once you unscrew everything) and pull out and it comes out. Mine was annoying.
I described this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow! thanks for all the input guys, im just replacing the bulb, the bulb itself is rolling around the inside of my turn signal housing lol! I dont know how that happend but hey. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts