Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
h8beingbored, try the streetfire video during the day at like noon or something if you're in the dorm...at my dorm, there aren't very many people on the internet at that time, so it loads just fine, but at night, forget it lol...what college are you at BTW?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Annihilator said:
h8beingbored, try the streetfire video during the day at like noon or something if you're in the dorm...at my dorm, there aren't very many people on the internet at that time, so it loads just fine, but at night, forget it lol...what college are you at BTW?
yeah i tried, they just dont load at all... i go to Chapman University... a small private university in SoCal

·
Registered
38 Posts
thats pretty cool, but keep in mind that when the speedo flies over as fast as it does its because of traction off not because of hard acceleration. just sounds like some people might not have caught onto that :)

good vid though and nice setup

·
Registered
35 Posts
Needparts said:
Isn't twin charged completly pointless??
Not really. Being that he has a supercharger and turbo and the turbo lags, the supercharger gives istant boost when you get on the gas with no lag therefore keeping him at maximum boost.

I gotta find that thread where this STI had Twin Turbo's & a supercharger. The kit was overpriced though your basically buying a new car when you buy the kit.

·
Registered
492 Posts
The turbo is in the rear of the engine bay where the exhaust manifold is. And piping goes donw instead of up over the motor because of hood clearance. The quality of the vid also wasn't great because it was on night time mode. Intercooling is being taken care of by our stock intercooler, which is integrated into the intake manifold and has a heat exchanger up front behind the AC condenser. Our stock intercooler has a 70% efficiency rating, so the temps won't be anything to worry about, especially with the right tuning.

·
Registered
895 Posts
That wasn't traction issues the entire time. That appeared to be a slipping clutch. Watch the video clsoer next time. If you notice when he nails it, yes it spins like a mofo then.....BUT....watch the speedo after that. You'll notice you'll hear the motor spinning which would mke you think its breaking traction but if you notice the speedo doesn't move much at all. That my friends is burning clutch. ;)

I think twin charging is completely pointless. What good is not having a little bit of lag where as if you have full boost on spot on top of turbo bost your NEVER going to get traction. Besdies most turbos that go on these cars today aren't all that laggy unloess you go BIG turbo. You can get a good bit of power out of a less ego boosting turbo and still kick the shit out of a lot of cars. You don't have to go balls out BIG turbo to be pretty damn quick.

·
Registered
84 Posts
orange juice said:
That wasn't traction issues the entire time. That appeared to be a slipping clutch. Watch the video clsoer next time. If you notice when he nails it, yes it spins like a mofo then.....BUT....watch the speedo after that. You'll notice you'll hear the motor spinning which would mke you think its breaking traction but if you notice the speedo doesn't move much at all. That my friends is burning clutch. ;)

I think twin charging is completely pointless. What good is not having a little bit of lag where as if you have full boost on spot on top of turbo bost your NEVER going to get traction. Besdies most turbos that go on these cars today aren't all that laggy unloess you go BIG turbo. You can get a good bit of power out of a less ego boosting turbo and still kick the shit out of a lot of cars. You don't have to go balls out BIG turbo to be pretty damn quick.
Imagine a stg2 spoolup with a GT40 turbo topend. That is twincharging. You see what happens when a big turbo SRT runs a high boosting stock turbo SRT. The Stock turbo car gets out quick but then big turbo runs him down. Now what happens when you put both those cars into one. Twincharge baby ;) Not at all useless just neurotic.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts