Cobalts SS banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Pretty sure you're out of luck without PCM access... Not positive though.

·
Registered
415 Posts
If its the car in the picture you'll definitely need to do some modding before the car will even be able to handle 105+ mph. Its governed for a reason.

·
Registered
72 Posts
clevelander2002 said:
If its the car in the picture you'll definitely need to do some modding before the car will even be able to handle 105+ mph. Its governed for a reason.
Yeah, like so your tires don't blow out and make you wreck...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello everyone.. i just registerd... and im getting my Cobalt SS this month... but iv heard about be able to do some stuff to ur boost gage to get more horse power ext.. do any of u guys know anyhting along the lines that u could help me out or something.. im kinda lost on where to look to get the parts and so on.. please message back or email me... thanks

Cody

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nah, at that speed the car still handles beautifully, i drive that speed every other day coming back form school. I just wanna go faster for when i race my friends. I smoke them until i hit 105 then they fly by me.

·
Registered
415 Posts
ATLEAST get some Z rated tires if you are going to disable the governer. I did over 140 in my Redline for about 6 miles and the tires were extremely hot and smelled like they were burning. One blown tire and your dead.

·
Registered
174 Posts
clevelander2002 said:
ATLEAST get some Z rated tires if you are going to disable the governer. I did over 140 in my Redline for about 6 miles and the tires were extremely hot and smelled like they were burning. One blown tire and your dead.
6 miles! I went 130 for 1/2 a mile and had enough. damn

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
thesnipah said:
nah, at that speed the car still handles beautifully, i drive that speed every other day coming back form school. I just wanna go faster for when i race my friends. I smoke them until i hit 105 then they fly by me.
wow, you're fuckin stupid. i hope you learn your lesson after you wreck the brand new car your parents so graciously bought you.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
ya man thats how people get killed, EXACTLY like that. you have to consider many things that contribute to why the car is governed, main thing being the tires. but dont think thats the only thing stopping you. i know a guy that took the limiter off his f150 harely s/c, driveshaft wasnt perfectly balanced for speeds above the limiter, and sure enough, it shreaded to pieces and he spun out. lucky he didnt flip, but he did slam into the gaurd rail. dont be like him man, just realize you bought a family economy car, if you wanted high speeds you shouldve gotten something else

·
Registered
49 Posts
thesnipah said:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you are all of what, 16 or 17 years old? Your stupidity shows that. Your car isn't made for those speeds and i doubt you have the driving experience for it either.

Also, what kinds of cars are you racing your friends in that you "smoke them" yet their cars are not governed and fly by you at 105? The base cobalt is by no means a car built for speed. Nice car, but not for speed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi i am 20 years old. i make payments on my base ls cobalt. (that is in my name for your info) i race my car all the time. but i am not stupid about it. i got z rated tires, sway bars and anti roll bars. i do 'smoke' a lot of my friends also....mustangs V6, probe gt, acura integra, ford ranger <--thants just for the fun of it. and mitsu eclipse. i got em all beat. but the mitsu and the integra kill me after i hit that damn limiter.

·
Site Moderator
3,724 Posts
Ted5986 said:
hi i am 20 years old. i make payments on my base ls cobalt. (that is in my name for your info) i race my car all the time. but i am not stupid about it. i got z rated tires, sway bars and anti roll bars. i do 'smoke' a lot of my friends also....mustangs V6, probe gt, acura integra, ford ranger <--thants just for the fun of it. and mitsu eclipse. i got em all beat. but the mitsu and the integra kill me after i hit that damn limiter.
Haha, ok kid, playtime's over. I'd say nice try, but, well, you know.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
joedashow said:
Haha, ok kid, playtime's over. I'd say nice try, but, well, you know.... :rolleyes:

just figured i would clarify i am ted i dont know who the other guy is. i am from nj hes not come one. just a little common sense

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.